This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly Berkshire site alongside a freshwater lake
- A 10-minute drive from Reading town centre and its museums
- A short walk from an aqua park with a beach, café and watersports
At Caversham Lakes, you might find yourself wild swimming the morning away or rustling up a barbecue after a lively afternoon of paddleboarding. That’s because this family-friendly site is alongside a freshwater lake in Berkshire and it’s within walking distance of a family-friendly beach, aqua park and open-water swimming and paddleboarding activities.
Wet and wild your stay might just be – handily enough, the site has portable toilets and cold-water showers so that you have somewhere to rinse off after the water activities. And if you’re hungry, just plant yourself down at the lake’s beach bar and café, which serves food and drinks throughout the day.
If you’d rather be the chef yourself, barbecues are permitted on site, as long as they’re raised off the ground. There’s a no-noise policy past 10pm so that everyone can have a peaceful night’s sleep in this rural setting.
Be sure to book any activities in advance – the operators are separate from the site. While you’re hatching your plan of action, it’s also good to know that Reading town centre is only 10 minutes’ drive away too (so, you’ll have easy access to museums, tasty food venues and the likes).
Caversham Lakes is a spacious, back to basics site with pitches alongside the lake and lots of space for everyone to spread out and have a wild time.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
No hassle, friendly service that leaves you to it. Suitable …
Close to reading town
Friendly staff - working hard to turn it around
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.7 miles
5.7 miles Bracknell Bus Station — 9.1 miles
9.1 miles Bus Station — 13.5 miles
- Train stations
Reading Rail Station
— 1.7 miles
1.7 miles Reading Rail Station — 1.7 miles
1.7 miles Earley Rail Station — 2.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Shepperton Ferry Landing
— 21.8 miles
21.8 miles Weybridge Ferry Landing — 21.8 miles
21.8 miles Moulsey - Hurst Park Ferry Landing — 25.3 miles
London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
— 19.5 miles
19.5 miles London Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 — 20.6 miles
20.6 miles London Heathrow Airport — 21.0 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Reading Museum: 10 minutes’ drive
- The Museum of English Rural Life: 15 minutes
- Greys Court (National Trust Tudor country house and gardens): 15 minutes
- BCA Zoo: 20 minutes
- LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort (theme park): half an hour
- The Living Rainforest (indoor greenhouse tropical forest): 35 minutes
- Colne Valley Regional Park (walking, cycling, canal activities and watersports): 40 minutes
- Thorpe Park Resort (theme park): 50 minutes.
- The Look Out Discovery Centre (10.4 miles)
- Stanley Spencer Gallery (11.7 miles)
- Cliveden (11.8 miles)
- Greys Court (5.0 miles)
- Basildon Park (8.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Caversham Lakes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Caversham Lakes dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Caversham Lakes? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Reading Museum: 10 minutes’ drive - The Museum of English Rural Life: 15 minutes - Greys Court (National Trust Tudor country house and gardens): 15 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Caversham Lakes?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.