This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Award-winning resort and golf course in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park
- Hiking trails, off-roading and wildlife spotting within 30 minutes
- Top spot for stargazing in California’s only Dark Sky Reserve
Pack those hiking boots, slather on lashings of sunscreen and practice that swing… That’s how to prep for hols at The Springs at Borrego RV Resort and Golf Course, a family-owned and family-friendly site in the town of Borrego Springs, California.
In Anza-Borrego Desert State Park (California’s largest state park) this is a top destination for active types. There are more than 100 miles of hiking and biking trails in the 600,000-acre Anza-Borrego (plenty of these start within 20 minutes’ drive of base), and the 2,650-mile Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada passes 25 minutes away for the more ambitious.
Of course, stretching those legs on scenic and hilly trails isn’t the only way to stay busy… Palm Springs might be California’s more famous golfing destination, but Borrego Springs is a worthy alternative for putting around for a few days without the crowds – there’s even a nine-hole championship course at the site, with stunning views of the mountains from the greens and fairways.
If golf is a swing and a miss, tennis or pickleball might be a better fit, or – for something a little more peaceful – nab a spot lakeside at the ninth hole for catch and release fishing of bass, catfish, tilapia and the occasional golf ball. There’s a swimming pool too for cooling off under the hot Cali sun, and mineral baths and massages for unwinding tired muscles after days out and about.
When it comes time to settle in for the evening, new friendships abound at social gatherings (like Campfire Tuesdays, wine socials and star parties), or opt for peace and quiet instead with a night of stargazing – this is, after all, California’s only Dark Sky Reserve.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
The sites are all excellent and clean, staff was friendly.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
If desert days appeal but hiking doesn’t, there are other ways to explore Anza-Borrego: sign up for 4x4 or night sky tours to see it without having to amble, or wander around the Desert Nature Center and Museum within five minutes’ drive to get that desert vibe a little closer to home base.
For non-guided adventuring, there are 85,000 acres of desert suitable for off-roading at Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area, 25 minutes away – it’s a top spot for ATV trails, dunes and ancient reefs, so make immediate tracks if that gets the motor running.
More peaceful days are a cinch: take in some art and culture with a poke around the Borrego Art Institute and a tour of the stunning Ricardo Breceda metal sculptures that dot the town (an absolute must), before venturing further afield for tours of the Eagle Mining Company gold mine and the California Wolf Center.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Springs at Borrego RV Resort and Golf Course have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is The Springs at Borrego RV Resort and Golf Course dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Springs at Borrego RV Resort and Golf Course? If desert days appeal but hiking doesn’t, there are other ways to explore Anza-Borrego: sign up for 4x4 or night sky tours to see it without having to amble, or wander around … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Springs at Borrego RV Resort and Golf Course?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.