Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Quiet rural retreat five miles from Tenaha and close to Highway 59
- Surrounded by native woodland and pastures
- Free wifi, vending machine and roomy laundry with washers and dryers
No need to wander far for a church service with a stay at this peaceful place: House of Prayer is a church and campground combined, with regular services which guests are welcome to attend.
Formerly known as Cedar Yard Campground, House of Prayer is five miles from the Shelby County town of Tenaha, less than half a mile from Highway 59 North. It's surrounded by native woodland and pastures, in a scenic setting with an orchard, wetlands and pond: you should also make sure to say howdy to the friendly neighbouring donkeys…
The campground has free wifi, and a launderette with coin-operated washing machines and dryers. (Please note there are no showers or toilets.) It's set behind the Center Country Club and is seven minutes' drive from Walmart.
This site has no on-site toilet and shower facilities.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro) and/or any of the following: Staffordshire bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, any Mastiff or Tosa.
Check availability at House of Prayer Church and Campground…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Fully-serviced gravel touring pitch (pull-thru)
Max. persons: 8 x
One Trailer tent or Touring caravan or Campervan or Motorhome allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 4.6m width x 15.2m depth (15.0ft width x 50.0ft depth) Calculated area: 69.7m² (750.0ft²)
Ground type: Gravel
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Large (51-200 pitches)
House of Prayer is just off Highway 59 North, between the local town of Tenaha and the Shelby County seat of Center, 17 miles from the Texan border with Louisiana.
Visit Center for a day in its city park, just off Roughrider Drive (old Thrill Hill Road), and to hike the five-mile trail through woodland and shopping areas to arrive at the downtown Center square (access the trail from the large pavilion in the park overlooking the small lake and playground). In town, drop in at the Windham Civic Center to see if any festivals or events are on; visit the Shelby County Museum, or take the kids to meet the crew at Lily's Farm.
About 20 miles east of the campground lies Toledo Bend Reservoir, the biggest manmade body of water in the state of Texas, with over 1,200 miles of shoreline and plenty of opportunities for fishing, swimming and boating.
You could also take a scenic drive and spot some wildlife in the surrounding Sabine National Forest, a vast space that's seen human habitation for the past 100,000 years.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||Anytime –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||3 p.m.|
House of Prayer Church and Campground cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does House of Prayer Church and Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is House of Prayer Church and Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near House of Prayer Church and Campground? House of Prayer is just off Highway 59 North, between the local town of Tenaha and the Shelby County seat of Center, 17 miles from the Texan border with Louisiana. Visit Center … Read more
When can I check in and check out of House of Prayer Church and Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 7 p.m. Depart by: 3 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at House of Prayer Church and Campground? From £9.15 (for 1 night, 8 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability