This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spectacular views among the Jämtland mountains
- Family-owned and family-friendly site
- Baking lessons from the site's master baker
Oh, what glorious views are these… Family-owned and family-friendly Åre Camping is set among the spectacular Jämtland mountains, in a place of peace and quiet with stunning views over Åreskutan mountain and clean atmosphere: this part of northern Sweden has been nicknamed the lungs of Europe for its crisp and clear air.
Stay here for some time if you want some mountain hiking around the Jämtland range, or to zip around the winter landscape on a snowmobile, or to soak up the adventurous atmosphere of nearby Åre village, the biggest mountain biking resort in Sweden in the summer months and the biggest ski resort in winter.
Run by friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable Valentina and Stefan, Åre Camping has newly renovated service areas, toilets and showers, free wifi, a play area, a TV room and disabled facilities. The team is highly knowledgeable about the local area and will happily help to find the right activity for you; many can be booked in reception at discounted rates.
Åre Camping also has an on-site bakery with a woodburning oven, where for a small fee budding bakers can make their own bread, learn new tricks and recipes and be supported by the site's master baker – it's all, say Stefan and Valentina, better than the Great Swedish Bake Off…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Åre is a popular destination for outdoor activities ranging from hiking and biking to climbing, kayaking, fishing and – for the brave – paragliding above its peaks.
It's also a prime location for winter sports, particularly around the ski resort of Åre village which has been named as one of the top ten ski resorts in the world. As well as skiing, snow sort could try sledding, snowmobiling, dog sledding, ice skating, ice climbing, reindeer sleigh rides… ask at the Åre Camping reception for details on where snowily to go.
Less actively, have a stroll through the forest up to Åre Lake, go shopping in the village, amble around a few of the area's 50 or so nature reserves, or tee off at the golf course 15 minutes from Åre. (Intrepid big game hunters could also try for a sighting of Storsjöodjuret, the alleged beast of Lake Storsjön.)
Foodwise, many restaurants are open year round, along with bakeries, farm dairies and breweries: the region around Jämtland's Östersund is one of the world's UNESCO Creative Cities of Gastronomy, so do try to take in as much of its cuisine and drinks as poss.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Åre Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Åre Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Åre Camping? Åre is a popular destination for outdoor activities ranging from hiking and biking to climbing, kayaking, fishing and – for the brave – paragliding above its peaks. It's also a prime location … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Åre Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.