This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Family-friendly site in pine trees 200 metres from Platja de La Fosca
- Walking distance from Palamós, Playa El Castell and Cala s'Alguer
- Bar-restaurant, playground, ping pong tables and a small shop on site
Small sandy coves, lively crescent-shaped beaches, clifftop coastal paths, fishing ports, and kayaking trips across the Costa Brava coast… it’s hard to believe that all of these are within walking distance of Camping Internacional Palamós in Girona. Then again, this family-friendly site is full of surprises: while urban, it has a part pine forest setting, plots surrounded by green hedges, a bar-restaurant for fresh and tasty eats and a roomy outdoor swimming pool and children’s pool that are open from June to September.
Family-friendly by nature, the large site is kitted out with a playground and ping pong tables for group games. There’s a sunbathing lawn for anyone looking to snooze out in the open, as well as a small shop for snacks and essentials in between your activities (or naps).
When you’re ready for golden sand, swimming, canoeing or sipping on a cocktail in a beachside bar, the site is just five minutes’ walk and 200 metres from Platja de La Fosca and the nearby ruins of the Castell De Sant Esteve.
This area is scattered with other small coves too: Once you’re by the sea, simply stroll onto the coastal path to take the route to Cala Margarida (15 minutes’ walk), a peaceful bay just behind the fishing port and lively crescent bay in Palamós (20 minutes).
In the other direction, there are the gentle waters of Playa El Castell (35 minutes), just the thing for kayaking or paddleboarding. The coastal path takes in traditional fishing villages, coves with clean and transparent water and peaceful patches of sand. Just look at Cala s'Alguer (15 minutes), a tiny beach lined with ancient fishermen’s houses.
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Lovely site with fantastic showers - everything spotless
Very friendly staff, bar, restaurant and shop hours really good, …
Everything was perfect!
Definitely go again
best camping site at the Costa Brava
the best camping site I have been so far in Spain.
Great site, great facilities, fair rates.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
If all those fishing ports and fishing villages have got you into the fishing spirit, it’s worth looking around The Fishing Museum (half an hour’s walk) in Palamós to learn more about the local gastronomy and traditional fishing boats. As you might expect, the town is packed out with seafood restaurants to taste some of the local hauls.
Perhaps you’d rather try angling yourself – there are plenty of opportunities for fishing around the local towns or in the Massís de les Cadiretes (half an hour’s drive), where there are sea urchins and mussels.
With plenty of walks locally, it might be time to shake things up with some peaceful pedals too. There’s a greenway between Palamós (20 minutes’ walk) and Palafrugell (an hour and 35 minutes), known locally as the Petit Train Route, and it follows the route once taken by a narrow gauge train dubbed the ‘petit train’.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Camping Internacional Palamós cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Camping Internacional Palamós on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkMaestro
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Internacional Palamós have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Internacional Palamós dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Internacional Palamós? If all those fishing ports and fishing villages have got you into the fishing spirit, it’s worth looking around The Fishing Museum (half an hour’s walk) in Palamós to learn more about … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Internacional Palamós?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.