This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet family-friendly site 45km from Girona
- Set between three national parks
- Pool, paddling pools, restaurant, bar and kids' club
Travelling around Spain to merge yourself in nature and culture? Camping Vell Empordà should hit the spot: it's between three national parks, is about 45km from the cracking city of Girona, and is close to Salvador Dalí's home town of Figueres.
Vell Empordà is a quiet family-friendly site, set on the outskirts of the small town of Garriguella, and has a restaurant serving local food, a bar with a large terrace, and a supermarket stocked with a good variety of local products. The outdoor pool and the paddling pools are set near the restaurant terrace – just the ticket for keeping an eye on the kids while you have a quick (or leisurely) bite…?
Other facilities and amenities include a playground, ping pong and pool tables, a sports court for football and basketball, and loo/shower blocks with free hot water.
The team organises activities for kids in high season and bikes can be hired on site for gentle explores of the surrounding area.
Open from 01/04/2021 to 12/10/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
From the manager...
Le camping est actuellement en basse saison (du 23 september aun 15 Mei) et nous essayons d'économiser de l'électricité .
Piscine , emplacement, sanitaire propres
De prachtige schaduwrijke plek op korte afstand van het zwembad
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Three national parks, you say? Oh yes – Camping Vell Empordà is in a highly smart setting between three of the Spain's best: mountainous Parque Natural de L'Albera, seasidey Cap de Creus, and the marshland of the Aiguamolls de l'Empordà.
The fishing village of Cadaqués, in the middle of the Cap de Creus peninsula and just under 18km from the site, was a favoured inspirational spot of one S Dalí as well as one P Picasso; have a look at the Salvador Dalí House-Museum if you want to feel artistically inclined. Dalí's home town of Figueres is also a short drive away.
Just over 40km away and across the border into France is the city of Perpignan, the capital of the Pyrénées-Orientales department and home of the thirteenth-century Palace of the Kings of Majorca. This is an artistically inclined area too: Señor Dalí once hailed its railway station waiting room as 'the centre of the Universe', claiming that this is where he got his best ideas.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Vell Empordà have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Vell Empordà dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Vell Empordà? Three national parks, you say? Oh yes – Camping Vell Empordà is in a highly smart setting between three of the Spain's best: mountainous Parque Natural de L'Albera, seasidey Cap de Creus, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Vell Empordà?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 10 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m.