This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet, friendly site in the grounds of a family-owned farmhouse
- Just over an hour's drive from Barcelona and 25 minutes from Cardona
- Restaurant serving traditional dishes in converted wine cellar
It's just over an hour to Camping Cal Paradís from the busy streets of Barcelona, but it’s highly likely you’ll feel like you’ve arrived in another world. Up here in the foothills of the Pyrenees is a chilled-out place that’s all about relaxing in the fresh air, wandering through the forests and spending nights gazing up at the starry, starry skies.
You’ll get a warm welcome from this friendly site, set in the grounds of an old stone farmhouse that’s been passed down several generations of the same family since it was built in 1850. Family members here include a bunch of furry friends that you can meet as you wander around the farm saying hola to goats, rabbits and chickens as you go.
Those partial to a tipple or two will be chuffed to hear they may be eating their dinner in the old wine cellar, now converted (along with a collection of farm outhouses) to form the restaurant. Fittingly, the food here is traditional cooking – think local cheeses, homemade sausages, grilled rabbit, paella, and desserts made with farm honey. A covered barbecue area is to hand for guests’ use, and there's a bar to retreat to for post-dinner drinks.
Leisure facilities include a multisports pitch and a games room, a pétanque court and an outdoor pool. There’s also a playground for los niños to charge about in, and a library of books for those who’ve decided to stay put by the pool (always rather an excellent way to spend a rural day).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
If you’d like to get out for a hike in the hills, start by having a word with the site staff – who've collated a collection of routes starting directly from the site and who can advise on one that suits your style and fitness level. Mountain bikers are similarly well provided with trails, including those heading to the towers of Fals Castle or to the peaks of the Serra de Castelltallat range.
More sedately, there’s fab fishing in the Cardener river, 15 minutes' drive away. Or you could take the 10-minute drive to the Houses of Matamargó, a house museum that shows how rural lives have changed since the 16th century, or the hour’s journey to the Zoo of the Pyrenees to watch bird of prey displays, feed lambs and see local wildlife including ferrets and wild boar
Other days out nearby include Montserrat, 45 minutes away, to visit the Benedictine monastery, and Cardona, for tours of the medieval castle and the former salt mines just outside town.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Cal Paradís have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Cal Paradís dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Cal Paradís? If you’d like to get out for a hike in the hills, start by having a word with the site staff – who've collated a collection of routes starting directly from the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Cal Paradís?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.