This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small rural glamping site next to Lake Bloke, 40km from Ljubljana
- A 20-minute drive from Loški Potok park: spot brown bears in the wild
- Handmade wooden furniture and carvings around the site
Someone’s been getting very handy on the chiselling front at Hija Glamping Lake Bloke. Your first glimpse of the site’s splendid wood carvings is likely to be at the entrance, where you’ll be greeted by two fantastical faces hewn into the tree trunks… wander further around the park and you’ll see loads more fab sculptures, including bears wielding fishing rods, and carved wooden furniture both indoors and out.
Handily, the arty folk here have easy access to plenty of raw materials – this small rural site about 50 minutes' drive from Ljubljana is surrounded by forests and woodland trails. If you fancy a crack at creating something for yourself, sign up for one of their guided walks, where you'll be shown the art of whittling a wooden spoon; you never know when that skill might come in handy…
The place is also, as you may have guessed from the name, on the banks of Lake Bloke, which is both a scenic backdrop and a place for a bit of activity: swim and fish from the shore in summer, or get your skates on in winter to hit the giant open-air ice rink. Hammocks and deckchairs are scattered around the place for those who aren’t in the mood for active times.
Among the facilities on site are a bar and restaurant with a terrace for outdoor eating; try out some local dishes here or just drop in for coffee and ice cream. There’s also a covered outdoor kitchen with grill, washing-up area and drinking water if you’d rather do DIY dining.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Once you’ve followed the lakeside trails on site, set your sights on more hikes and/or bike rides in the Notranjski Regijski Park (20 minutes away), in Loški Potok Park (also 20 minutes) or on the slopes of Mount Slivnica (half an hour). Bring your binoculars if you're heading to Loški Potok: bears be lurking in these woods and you can sign up for guided tours to help you spot the big beasts.
It’s worth delving below the surface around here too: the Krizna Jama cave, 15 minutes away, is famed for its stunning subterranean lakes – board a boat trip here to see the gorgeous green waters below and ancient stalactites above. Postojna cave, 45 minutes away, is an equally fab visit; here the underground railway clatters through caves and past the five-metre stalagmite known as Brilliant, as well as nests of baby dragons.
For manmade attractions, head to Sneznik Castle Museum (25 minutes), Predjama Castle (50 minutes) or the pretty Old Town of Ljubljana (50 minutes).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Hija Glamping Lake Bloke have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hija Glamping Lake Bloke dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hija Glamping Lake Bloke? Once you’ve followed the lakeside trails on site, set your sights on more hikes and/or bike rides in the Notranjski Regijski Park (20 minutes away), in Loški Potok Park (also 20 minutes) … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hija Glamping Lake Bloke?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.