This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Wooded site with direct access to Praia do Cabedelo beach
- A 10-minute' drive from the centre of Viana do Castelo
- Swimming pool, bar-restaurant, playground and mini market
Beach buffs of the world, what’s the optimum distance from pitch to sand? How about spending your hols in a place where you merely have to open a gate in order to stroll straight out onto the shore?
If that appeals, then you’ll want to consider a stay at Parque Orbitur Viana do Castelo, right on the seafront 10 minutes’ drive from the town centre and main amenities. The lengthy Praia do Cabedelo lies just beyond the boundary, with a boardwalk leading you through the woods and out onto several kilometres of sand.
Paddling and assorted beach antics are all possible here, and if you’d like to take the waves it’s a great spot for surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing. Lessons can be had very nearby for those who need a little guidance with their board.
There may be times that the Atlantic looks a little too active to contemplate a swim, but there’s a splendid swimming pool on site, with sunny and shaded corners all around for lazy days of lounging. A playground will keep the nippers entertained on pool breaks and there’s a bar-restaurant a short amble away for any drink and snack needs.
A mini market is also on site for the self-catering sorts, or it’s a few minutes’ drive to a decent-sized supermarket.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Well, you’re mainly here for the beaches, aren’t you? Quite right too – Praia do Cabedelo, just outside the site, has a rep for being one of northern Portugal’s finest, and there’s plenty to keep you busy for a while what with all the surfing and watersports around the place. Should you fancy a change of seaside scenery, take your surfboard up to Vila Praia de Ancora or head to the white sands of Praia do Canto Marinho. Both are around a 20-minute drive away.
Away from the shoreline, you can head for the hills and days of kayaking, rafting and horse riding, all of which can be had within a 40-minute drive. The Peneda-Gerês National Park is around 45 minutes away for hikers and bikers.
A little closer to home, it’s worth trotting up to the Santa Luzia sanctuary in Viana do Castelo to wander around the colourful 20th-century temple and take in the ace views over the coastline. For a bit more history, take the 45-minute drive to Braga to ramble through its car-free old town.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||2 p.m.|
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Parque Orbitur Viana do Castelo cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Parque Orbitur Viana do Castelo on arrival.
Hired accommodation: €100.00 (£84.27) damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Parque Orbitur Viana do Castelo have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Parque Orbitur Viana do Castelo dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Parque Orbitur Viana do Castelo? Well, you’re mainly here for the beaches, aren’t you? Quite right too – Praia do Cabedelo, just outside the site, has a rep for being one of northern Portugal’s finest, and there’s … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Parque Orbitur Viana do Castelo?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 2 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.