This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In a pinewood five minutes' walk from the beach in Pedrógão
- Half an hour's drive from the castle and museums of Leiria
- Restaurant, bar, communal grill and mini market on site
Fancy pitching up in a pine scented wood within easy strolling distance of the petite seaside village of Pedrógão – and with a splendid sandy beach a mere few minutes’ amble away? Have both at Parque de Campismo da Praia do Pedrógão, a seaside site half an hour's drive from Leiria.
Sand fans will be in seaside heaven around here – it’s a five-minute stroll to the nearest beach, and the sandy stuff stretches for several kilometres in either direction. In between beachy times, soak up a bit of a culture in the university city of Leiria, or by taking a visit to the medieval monasteries at Alcobaça and Batalha. Or you may elect to lurk about on site for a bit, gathering pals for games at the multisports pitch or chilling out while the kids entertain themselves at the playground.
Eats and drinks are easily sorted here, whatever your approach may be: pick up all the bits you need to create a feast from the site’s mini market, including fresh meat and fish to chuck on the communal grills, or leave it to the pros by taking a table at the restaurant or bar.
There are also several restaurants, cafés and bars along the seafront and in the village about a 10-minute walk away if you fancy walking up a bit of an appetite.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Beaches, beaches and more beaches – settle down on the seafront at Pedrogão beach, a few minutes’ walk from the site, get active with games of beach volleyball or football or take to the waters for swimming or windsurfing. Or hit the scenic coastal path to find more splendid sandy spots; there are heaps to choose from along this stretch of coast. Five minutes’ drive takes you to Vieira for another beach and splashingly good fun on the waterslide at the Mariparque waterpark.
Heading inland, it's half an hour's drive to Leiria, where a fine medieval castle overlooks the Lis river and the narrow streets and red-tiled roofs of the historic centre. There are a couple of museums up here worth a look too, including one dedicated to cinema and moving images.
Also worth visiting are the medieval monasteries at Batalha and Alcobaça – the latter a UNESCO World Heritage Site. About 45 minutes’ drive away is the Catholic pilgrimage town of Fátima and the Moeda caves, where a guided tour wends its way through underground caverns.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Parque de Campismo da Praia do Pedrógão have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Parque de Campismo da Praia do Pedrógão dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Parque de Campismo da Praia do Pedrógão? Beaches, beaches and more beaches – settle down on the seafront at Pedrogão beach, a few minutes’ walk from the site, get active with games of beach volleyball or football or take … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Parque de Campismo da Praia do Pedrógão?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m.