This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Katowice site run by seasoned world travellers
- Near historic mines, fishing rivers and nature reserves
- Communal bungalow with kitchen, lounge, fire and dining room
If you were on a worldwide wandering trip (recommended), you should surely make time to wander through Poland and stop off at Katowice's Camp9. For it's run by former globetrotters Ineza and Gunther, who picked the region to finally settle down in and run a site for 'true travellers' to take a break.
This decision is well wise: Camp9 is surrounded by nature, next to the old town of Tarnowskie Góry in the middle of Upper Silesia, near historic mines, fishing rivers and nature reserves for walking and cycling. Stop off here for a few days (weeks?) on a hol or take a rest on your way through to Ukraine, Romania, the Tatra Mountains, Slovakia... as mentioned, this is a site for travellers.
Camp9 has been set up in a sustainable way using a water purification system, water heating via solar collectors and specialist sewage treatment, and is fully independent by the use of wind power, solar and earth energy and rain or pond water.
The site has a pond and an on-site bungalow with a fully-equipped kitchen, a lounge with internet access, a fireplace and a dining room to settle down in on rainy days. A couple of good restaurants with traditional food and local beers are nearby.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
If you're sticking around Camp9 for a while, you'll find quite the pile to do in the surrounding countryside, including delving into the region's mining history, fishing for black trout or a trip to Central Europe's biggest desert.
Trips to the Historic Silver Mine of Tarnowskie Góry start off with interactive museum exhibits and displays before taking visitors on an underground boat tour; stop off at the Open Air Steam Engine Museum just outside afterwards for a ride on the small narrow-gauge railway line. The mines are part of the European Route of Industrial Heritage, covering around 50 attractions all related to industrialisation and mining, and are one of the trail's Anchor Points picked for their historical significance.
Over 60 nature reserves are in the Silesia region to walk and cycle, alongside varied landscapes like the forest-covered Beskid Mountains, the Błędów Desert and the valleys and caves of the Krakow-Częstochowa Upland: pedal out into the countryside from camp to see what you can see.
Also nearby, the Park Wodny waterpark has a leisure pool with flumes, a sauna, a gym and a salt grotto.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camp9 have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camp9 dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Camp9? If you're sticking around Camp9 for a while, you'll find quite the pile to do in the surrounding countryside, including delving into the region's mining history, fishing for black trout or a … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camp9?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime