This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious site with climbing routes next to the Morača river and canyon
- Half an hour from Lake Skadar and an hour from Lovćen National Park
- Within 20 minutes' drive of capital city Podgorica, vineyard and zoo
If you’re into climbing, it makes sense to visit somewhere with mountains in its name. Montenegro, for example... Extra canny climbers congregate at Camping and Hostel Izvor, a cracking site with views of the Morača river and canyon, and two rock scrambling areas a few minutes away.
This spacious and tree-lined site is also 15 minutes' drive from Montenegro’s compact capital city, Podgorica, and half an hour from hikes, swims, watersports and boat trips on Lake Skadar. So that’s everyone sorted.
If you can’t wait to get leaping over boulders and inching your way along the crags, call in at reception where the friendly team will point you towards the rocks and the various routes up them, and also fix you up with an experienced guide if you want one. Contact them too if you need lifts to and from the nearby transport hubs, as they’re happy to help.
When you’ve done your mountain goat act up and down the canyon, take a stroll down to the Morača river: it’s a couple of minutes’ walk from the site, and you can swim, fish or bask on the banks all day.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Capital city Podgorica (15 minutes’ drive) can sometimes be passed over for the more obvious attractions of the big lakes and mountains beyond. Big mistake... wander the still very Ottoman-looking Old Town, visiting the 15th- and 18th-century mosques and the clock tower, imported from Italy in 1667 to summon the faithful to prayer in Western fashion.
Also in town, riverside walks to the ruined Ribnica fortress make a mighty fine way to cool off from the midday sun, especially when topped off by a dip of the toes in the water and a picnic lunch. Alternatively, fill up on a vineyard tour at Šipčanik (20 minutes), where miniature train rides around the vines are finished off with tastings and tasty canapes.
A similar distance from the site, the menagerie of the Montenegro Animal Sanctuary makes for a heartwarming wander: there are emus and camels abandoned by a passing circus, orphaned bears, injured eagles and piglets you can bottle feed. Who could refuse?
To encounter eagles and bears in the wild meanwhile, make for Lovćen National Park an hour away where such specimens roam the wilderness along with boars and wolves, and hardy hikers have a go at Mount Lovćen, the mighty black mountain from which Montenegro derives its name.
For walks and bike rides at ground level, Lake Skadar and its surrounding national park are half an hour away, and those hoping for a rest can take boat cruises out to the island monasteries in the middle.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping and Hostel Izvor have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping and Hostel Izvor dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping and Hostel Izvor? Capital city Podgorica (15 minutes’ drive) can sometimes be passed over for the more obvious attractions of the big lakes and mountains beyond. Big mistake... wander the still very Ottoman-looking Old Town, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping and Hostel Izvor?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.