This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Family-friendly site surrounded by nature
- Large pool, sunbathing area and an open-air cinema
- Discover the Müllerthal area
Camping in Luxembourg? How lovely. Family-friendly Camping Birkelt is in the Müllerthal area to the country's east, surrounded by nature and set at the top of a hill a few kilometres outside Larochette.
The site has a large pool for dips and a spacious sunbathing area for basking with a book, as well as tennis courts and a football field and volleyball area. And – what a topping idea – there's also an open-air cinema for films under the stars.
The enthusiastic and friendly team here organises activities for guests and there's also a large playground for kids.
Open from 20/04/2023 to 17/09/2023
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
Swimming pool entry quota
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Lovely lovely Luxembourg is a country for making strides into the outdoors, as it's a place with vast woods, hilly vineyards, viewsome villages and steep rock faces – did you know that Luxembourg is nicknamed Little Switzerland because of its wide collection of crags?
It's a fine idea simply to set out into the surrounding countryside from Camping Birkelt and have a competition with yourself to see just how scenic a shot you can snap in the surroundings. Or you could wander through the spectacularly scenic Ardennes Forest – many more scenic snaps are to be had here too, or around the town of Vianden and its castles, or to the wine-producing town of Grevenmacher…
The nearby town of Beaufort has another castle to see, and of course you can't visit the country of Luxembourg without also visiting its eponymous capital: suggestions here include the Gothic Revival Cathedral of Notre Dame, the Am Tunnel underground art gallery, the Grand Ducal Palace and Neumünster Abbey.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Camping Birkelt cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Camping Birkelt on arrival.
Local city tax of €1.00 (£0.89) per person per night at least age 3 is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Birkelt have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Birkelt dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Birkelt? Lovely lovely Luxembourg is a country for making strides into the outdoors, as it's a place with vast woods, hilly vineyards, viewsome villages and steep rock faces – did you know that … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Birkelt?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.