This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site 10 minutes' walk from Upper-Sûre Lake
- A 15-minute drive from Wiltz and 10 from Esch-sur-Sûre
- Brasserie on site, plus maps and GPS routes for walks and bike rides
Who's up for a trip to the Upper Sûre Natural Park? If you're not sure, skip off to the pics above to confirm that this is a fab place for fresh air days spent in some of Luxembourg’s most scenic surrounds.
Active types will be sorted for many a day of outdoorsy outings at Camping Liefrange, in the teeny village of Léifreg. Hiking trails and bike routes leave from just outside the site (with maps and GPS routes available to keep you from going astray) and it’s a gentle 10-minute amble to the Upper-Sûre lake for swims, watersports or sunbathing on the sands.
And what do you need at the end of any such active day? Well, you need a shower, a snack and a chilled beer – all of which can be obtained here. Swing by the heated bathroom block first to clean up, then settle in for light meals and Belgian beers at the brasserie. If the sun shows its face, wander out on to the terrace to play pétanque between sips of your drink; if not, there's plenty of space to settle in the comfy interior.
If you’d rather do your own thing, it’s 10 minutes or so's drive to either Esch-sur-Sûre or Wiltz, both of which are fine places to find restaurants or snaffle supermarket supplies for your barbecue back at base.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Brilliant site. Clean facilities, great staff and lovely location.
Nice little campsite located conveniently in a very nice park.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
The excellent Upper-Sûre Natural Park is a truly fab place for hikers, with scenic surrounds and easy-to-follow trails through some of the prettiest parts. A fine way to find your way is to download the park’s app for route maps and a guiding hand from GPS (less time looking at a map = more time looking at the scenery = splendid).
Similar facilities exist for bikers too, with trails including an almost-flat paved path along a disused railway line and more challenging hilly rides for those who like to give their legs a real workout. The highlight of any trip must of course be the lake – a huge 380-hectare whopper. Motorboats are banned here so it's a peaceful place to rent canoes, paddleboards or sailboats, or sink into a scuba diving day (from the watersports centre 15 minutes’ drive away). Liefrange’s also got a little beach for swims and sunbathing.
There's plenty of pretty stuff in the local towns too: head to Esch-sur-Sûre (10 minutes) for riverside castle ruins or wander around the more intact château in Wiltz (15 minutes), which also has a tasty little museum dedicated to beer art.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Liefrange have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Liefrange dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Liefrange? The excellent Upper-Sûre Natural Park is a truly fab place for hikers, with scenic surrounds and easy-to-follow trails through some of the prettiest parts. A fine way to find your way is … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Liefrange?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.