This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site on the banks of the Clerve river near Kautenbach
- Two national cycle paths from the village and plenty of hiking trails
- Sociable bar/bistro with homemade meals, board games and local beers
It's a crackingly clever location at Camping Kautenbach in the Luxembourg Ardennes. This big family-friendly place is set in a U-shape meander of the comely Clerve river, giving it a hidden secluded setting even though it's close to town and the local train station.
Peaceful stays among green forested surroundings are your holiday pick here, in a north-western river valley setting with signposted hiking paths starting just outside the site and two national cycling trails accessible from Kautenbach town 10 minutes' walk away. There's direct access to the river for paddling and swimming too.
Although this is a peaceful place, you'll have plenty to pick from if you're feeling sociable, from a full schedule of activities and entertainment in summer including crafts, games and pony rides in the mornings for kids, and guided walks, bingo, sports tournaments and campfire evenings for all the family.
Meet locals and other guests at the on-site bar and bistro: drop in during the day for a coffee or cold drink, or sort evening meals or takeaways after a day's exploring, washed down with a reasonable sample of the local beers or one or more of the 25 types of whiskey…
All bistro meals are cooked by owner Bianca, who runs the site along with husband Erik. They ensure that at least one of them is on site whenever possible if guests need help or advice: you could, for example, get their top tips on their fave places to go in the local area, such as taking a train from the station a kilometre away to a nearby town like Wilwerwiltz or Goebelsmühle, then hiking back to Kautenbach from there.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Walk the kilometre to the local station to take the train to Wilwerwiltz about 30 minutes' journey away, for a scenic circular stroll from the village church across the Clerve to Lellingen, and from there downhill to Pintsch and Enscherange and back through the river valley.
From Goebelsmühle, also half an hour by train, another circular walk goes uphill through the forest, or you could be truly hardy and hike the 20-kilometre route to the railway station at Diekirch.
Family days can be had at the Kaul waterpark and sports centre, with tennis, beach volleyball and a bike park, about 55 minutes away from the station at nearby Wiltz, and at the castle and Doll and Toys Museum of Vianden, a popular Luxembourg tourist stop: take the chair lift from the Our riverbanks for spectacular views from high above the castle.
- Does Camping Kautenbach have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Kautenbach dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Kautenbach? Walk the kilometre to the local station to take the train to Wilwerwiltz about 30 minutes' journey away, for a scenic circular stroll from the village church across the Clerve to Lellingen, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Kautenbach?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.