This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Leafy and family-friendly site by the Clerve river in Luxembourg
- A 10-minute drive to Clervaux Castle; Luxembourg City an hour by train
- Kids' playgrounds and waterpark, shop, café and bike hire on site
Stay in outdoor luxury on this family park in Luxembourg... Camping Val D'Or gets its name from the golden flowers of the broom plant growing along the river nearby, to give a scenic site in scenic surrounds but only an hour from Luxembourg City.
Accommodation is in swish safari tents, all set up and fully kitted out for your arrival; there are two bedrooms and a dining area inside, as well as a mobile kitchen for cooking indoors or wheeling the whole kit out onto the verandah for alfresco eats. (And if you can't be faffed playing chef while on hol? Stroll over to the café for your vittles instead.)
And for the kids? Most handily, the sandpit for small sorts is right by the café, so you can keep an eye on energetic antics from over your coffee cup. Juniors can also splash around for hours in the waterpark, whirl around the plentiful playgrounds, or challenge their big folk to a family game over on the boules court.
Off site, it's five minutes' drive to Drauffelt for shops and eateries. For a gentle introduction to all the energetic stuff on offer, you could always hire bikes on site and pedal over there for pastries...
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
There's lots to do in this land of gorges, forests and fortresses, and it starts right by the site: the Clerve river flows past, slow and shallow enough for paddling and nature walks. (If you've caught the watery bug, hire canoes upriver in Clervaux, 10 minutes' drive away.)
More? Boats from Insenborn (35 minutes) cruise around the Haute-Sûre reservoir; you can pause in Esch for swimming, sunbathing and stroll through the national park wilderness. Mix boats and bikes on the 23 national trails; from Kautenbach (15 minutes) the valley ride goes past the ruined fortress of Schuttburg, ending in an ancient hilltop hamlet. Kautenbach's also the hub of all the country's walking routes if you want to set out on further adventures from here.
Climbers can get high on ropes and swings at the Indian Adventure Park in Vianden half an hour away, or take it easy by cable car on a soaring ride from the valley floor to the castle turrets.
Train tickets to Luxembourg City can be bought at Drauffelt, and it's an hour's journey from there with fine views of the changing landscape. Go deep in the capital's Bock Castle, with its network of tunnels, dungeons and crypts... then get eagles' eye views from the ramparts.
- Does Vodatent at Camping Val d'Or have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Vodatent at Camping Val d'Or dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Vodatent at Camping Val d'Or? There's lots to do in this land of gorges, forests and fortresses, and it starts right by the site: the Clerve river flows past, slow and shallow enough for paddling and nature … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Vodatent at Camping Val d'Or?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.