This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Family-friendly site just back from the shoreline of Lake Balaton
- Walking distances from beaches and a promenade; watersports close by
- Barbecues and firepits allowed; bars and restaurants a short walk away
Just behind the shoreline of central Europe’s biggest freshwater lake and with beaches and watersports within walking distance – it’s fair to say you’ll be well placed for outdoor activities at Berg Nomad Motel Camping.
It’s worth stashing plenty of swimming kit in your bag for a trip to this family-friendly site just outside Zamárdi, as you can easily stroll to two beaches, a sailing centre, pedal boat rentals, a waterslide and various other watersports.
In fact, there’s much more that’s within walking distance too: there are plenty of food shops within walking distance of the site, so it should be easy to track down anything from well-priced croissants to drinks and food supplies for a picnic down on the shores. Bars and restaurants are close by as well – the nearest grill is a mere 50 metres from the site. Meanwhile, a 20-minute walk gets you to a waterside promenade for meals with scenic lake views.
Barbecues and firepits are welcome back on site if you’d rather do your own thing, and there are also shared shower and toilet facilities available for a freshen up.
Berg Nomad is a dog-friendly site so you won’t have to leave any four-legged family members behind.
Open from 03/05/2022 to 15/09/2022
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Where to start with the beaches around this huge body of water? Maybe with the nearest one? Zamárdi Szabadstrand is just a few minutes’ stroll from the site, and it stretches for three kilometres all the way along to the promenade and town centre of Zamárdi. A little further along (45 minutes’ walk/five minutes’ drive) is Eastern Balatonföldvár, which has a sailing centre, pedal boat rental, a waterslide and various beach sports.
And there’s plenty more beyond that… perhaps make an outing to Plázs Siófok (20 minutes’ drive) for beaches, a pool and live music events, or to Balatonszemes Berzsenyi Utcai Szabadstrand (20 minutes) for more watersports, boating and a volleyball court.
For a bit of activity away from the water, try the zipwires, toboggans and treetop courses at Zamárdi Adventure Park (15 minutes) or the bobsleigh tracks and paintballing at Balatonibob Szabadidőpark (40 minutes). Lavender Kőröshegyi lavender farm (15 minutes) and Bella Stables and Animal Park (20 minutes) are also on hand if you need a less energetic day out.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Berg Nomad Motel Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Berg Nomad Motel Camping on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Berg Nomad Motel Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Berg Nomad Motel Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Berg Nomad Motel Camping? Where to start with the beaches around this huge body of water? Maybe with the nearest one? Zamárdi Szabadstrand is just a few minutes’ stroll from the site, and it stretches for … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Berg Nomad Motel Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.