This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious pitches on the edge of the Soonwald, 3km from Bockenau
- Signposted walking and bike trails from the site
- On-site restaurant serving traditional dishes and local beer
Active types, pack up your walking boots, your bike, your fishing kit – this one’s for you. Heaps of walking and cycle trails are within easy reach of Camping Bockenauer Schweiz, handily signposted for the benefit of those whose map reading skills may not be at peak performance after they’ve dropped in to one (or some) of the vintners’ taverns lining the riverside routes around these parts...
From this spot on the edge of the Soonwald wanderers can also set a course through meadows and scenic hills along several trails that leave from outside the site. Long, short, gentle and challenging routes are all laid out on a map for you to select from, and friendly staff on site can offer handy local insider tips.
Need a rest after all that roaming? Back at base there’s plenty of space to spread out around this one and a half-hectare site, meaning you should be able to locate a suitable spot among the parkland and woods for a restful night or a afternoon snooze.
An adventure playground is on site for the entertainment of any tiddlers you may have in tow, and there’s also a cosy restaurant serving traditional local dishes, all washed down with a mug of beer. If you’d rather venture out, or need supplies and sustenance as you roam, the village of Bockenau is three kilometres away and has a pleasing array of restaurants, a bakery and a couple of wine stores.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Good facilities and pleasant staff.
Great site. Friendly staff, plenty of room and very clean bathrooms.
Highly recommended, clean & relaxed atmosphere
Peaceful site with friendly staff.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Prima toilet gebouw. Erg vriendelijk personeel
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
As well as the riverside routes along the banks of the Rhine and Moselle, there are numerous other trails nearby awaiting your boots or bike. Wine-themed wanderings are also at hand: a splendid bike route of a couple of hours or so takes in several local wineries, and there are heaps more to visit within a 20-minute drive.
If you’ve overdone it on the activity front (or the wine front, for that matter), soothe your aching muscles (or head) with a bit of wallowing in the thermal waters of Bad Kreuznach, 20 minutes away. Once restored to your former glory, take a wander around the town to see the medieval buildings, pop in to the Roman villa and visit the fab puppet museum.
For a little more history on your travels, drop in to the Rheinland-Pfalzisches open-air museum, 20 minutes’ drive from the site, where well-preserved houses show life as it would have been in various eras of German history – toys, shops and agricultural tools are among the exhibits. Just a few minutes away from here are the atmospheric ruins of Disibodenberg, an abandoned monastery that’s well worth a detour.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Bockenauer Schweiz have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Bockenauer Schweiz dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Bockenauer Schweiz? As well as the riverside routes along the banks of the Rhine and Moselle, there are numerous other trails nearby awaiting your boots or bike. Wine-themed wanderings are also at hand: a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Bockenauer Schweiz?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.