This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Relaxed family site alongside the Durance river, next to a lake
- Wide-reaching views of the surrounding Provençal hills
- Fishing, canoeing, paddleboating, pools and waterslides
You don't have far to amble to find fine times for all tastes at the relaxed family park of Camping L'Hippocampe: on site or off, activities and leisure of all sorts awaits.
As it's next to a handsome lake, you could par exemple spend your Camping L'Hippocampe time gently daydreaming among waterside views… or fishing, canoeing or paddleboating on the lake surface if your energy levels have risen slightly. The 11-hectare wooded estate is mighty fine for wanders as well, especially if you reckon a snooze in the shade of olive trees sounds just the ticket.
It's a short stroll to the site's splendid waterpark for more activities and leisurely times: take a dip in one of the heated pools, sunbathe idly alongside, or zip down one/all of the five big waterslides. If you seek yet more action, the entertainment team arranges a variety of daytime activities in July and August including a kids' club and activities and sporting comps, before an evening of entertainment in the big marquee or soundproofed disco.
For activities and leisure of all sorts off site, Camping L'Hippocampe is in Provence next to the Durance river, at an altitude of 430 metres and a kilometre from Volonne. The site office has info on sports like rafting, canyoning, canoeing, climbing, zipwiring, paragliding and parachuting, many of which can be accompanied by professional guides.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Your many activity options around Camping L'Hippocampe include 350 kilometres of Haute Provence Alps marked mountain biking trails, as well as hiking around famed Provence landscapes and hills among lavender fields and olive groves. Or dip into the local history instead with a stroll around the small and old streets of Volonne or the museums, citadel, Old Town and medieval ramparts of Sisteron, 15 minutes away.
This is a prime spot for wildlife watching too, either straight from the site by spotting the many bird species flitting around the lake, or taking a nature walk or horseback ride out into the countryside. The Camping L'Hippocampe team can point you in the right direction for the best sightings.
Food fans can sample local produce like the Haute Provence olive oil, Miel de Lavande (honey) and the famed Sisteron lamb esteemed by food experts all over the world, and forage for wild lavender, thyme and rosemary growing on the surrounding hills.
- Does Camping L'Hippocampe have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping L'Hippocampe dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping L'Hippocampe? Your many activity options around Camping L'Hippocampe include 350 kilometres of Haute Provence Alps marked mountain biking trails, as well as hiking around famed Provence landscapes and hills among lavender fields and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping L'Hippocampe?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.