This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the countryside 15 minutes' drive from Bretignolles-sur-Mer
- Big waterpark with two pools, paddling pool and solarium
- Fishing pond, playground, tennis, kids' club, shop and terrace bar
Just very Vendée fab... the greenly gorgeous, perfectly placed and warmly friendly Saint-Julien-des-Landes site of La Bretonnière is an absolute smasher.
Deep in peaceful countryside but only 15 minutes from the sands and dunes of Bretignolles-sur-Mer, La Bretonnière is a fably set out site for family and friendly hols, with a range of activity and leisure options to keep all ages busy from dawn to le dusk (par exemple, just look at that waterpark...).
The site is only a few minutes' drive from the lush waters of Lac du Jaunay and access to the region's 800+ kilometres of bicycle routes and hiking trails, a couple of kilometres from Saint-Julien-des-Landes, and about 35 minutes' drive from the swish seaside resort of Les Sables-d'Olonne.
But back to that waterpark... There are three fine pools on site for the family to splash about in, including an outdoor pool, a semi-covered one, and a good-sized paddling pool with games, toys and jets. As you'd contentedly expect from such a well-appointed site, there's plenty of sunbathing space at the poolside solarium too, with loungers provided for your sunny lounging.
Also on site are a fishing pond, a games room, a playground and a tennis court, as well as evening entertainment, daily activities and a kids' club in summer. There's a handsome big bar with terrace as well, takeaway, and a grocery shop where fresh bread, pizza and chips are all served in July and August. Fresh bread is available to order outside the summer months.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Pitch size was great, washing, showering and toilet facilities were …
Will definitely be visiting again
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
July and August sees many traditional festivals in the nearby towns and villages; the Bretonnière team can point you in the right direction if you want to check these out.
Anglers, boaters and fans of peaceful hikes should make for peaceful Lac du Jaunay, in a wooded valley three kilometres away. (If you're in the region over the mid-August bank holiday, a definite must-do is the Lac du Jaunay firework display: not at all peaceful but simply splendid.) The lake is in a wildlife and birdwatching haven: take the 12-kilometre walk starting from La Chapelle-Hermier to see what species you can spy.
Within easy day trip distance – and much recommended – are the dunes and sands of Bretignolles-sur-Mer (15 minutes' drive), the fishing town and harbour of Saint Gilles Croix de Vie, and the popular resort of Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez, both within 25 minutes.
- Does La Bretonnière have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is La Bretonnière dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near La Bretonnière? July and August sees many traditional festivals in the nearby towns and villages; the Bretonnière team can point you in the right direction if you want to check these out. Anglers, boaters … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of La Bretonnière?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.