This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- By a beach on the banks of the Louet river in Rochefort-sur-Loire
- Spa with hot tub, sauna and hammam
- Canoe hire, miniature golf, snack bar and resident beautician
Pack your swimming cossie, and then another: it’s worth coming well kitted for the watery activities at Camping Les Plages de Loire.
Two rivers are nearby – the mighty Loire a kilometre to the north and the more petite Louet up to the edge of the site, with a splendid sandy beach for lounging on as well as clear waters for swimming. Paddling of a different flavour is available at the adjacent leisure centre, where you can hire canoes or kayaks to explore further afield.
If river water is a touch bracing for your personal preferences, flow along instead to the municipal pool a minute or so away, to swim in the heated outdoor or indoor pool as your fancy dictates (entrance is free for site guests so you can call in whenever you wish – quel bargain). Warmer waters beckon at the site’s own spa, where there’s a hot tub for bubbly wallows, as well as a sauna and a hammam. And if you prefer to keep the water at a rod’s length, a fishing pond is a couple of minutes away.
It’s worth occasionally turning your attentions to the dryside activities too – miniature golf, perhaps, or a game of pétanque, or a bit of pampering at the hands of the site’s resident beautician. Land here in the summer months and your schedule may well also include some of the many and varied activities laid on by site staff.
Meals, drinks and quick bites are sorted at the site’s snack bar, or you can venture to Rochefort-sur-Loire (a leisurely 10-minute amble) for more restaurants, a grocery store and a bakery.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
From the manager...
We thank you for this nice opinion, except that you strongly exaggerate for the negative point ... It is myself, who had answered you by email that you could not arrive at 11:30 pm! and I waited for you and greeted you at 8:30 p.m.
We are not a campsite open 24 hours a day, we still need a little rest in between and we close the reception at 8 p.m. because behind we pass the animation of the campsite.
We always make sure our customers arrive in good condition, and we certainly don't let them sleep outside like you claim!
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
This being the Loire Valley, châteaux are within easy reach. Your local castles here (within a 20-minute drive) are the grand 17th-century Château de Serrant and the fab Château de Brissac, not only the tallest château in all the land but also home to a winery, an underground canal and a hidden mini opera house.
Make the half-hour drive to Angers to visit the riverside château (and see the end of the world depicted in tapestry format) and get arty at Galerie David d’Angers, a converted abbey filled with sculptures. On the edge of town is Carré Cointreau, where you can see the famed liqueur being made.
Top treats for tiddlers around these parts include the plant-themed Terra Botanica theme park (25 minutes’ drive), the epic miniature golf course at Parc de L’Arche (10 minutes) and Le Jardin Des Kangarous (also about 10 minutes away), where you can meet, feed and snap selfies with the 500 or so resident wallabies.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Les Plages de Loire have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Les Plages de Loire dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Plages de Loire? This being the Loire Valley, châteaux are within easy reach. Your local castles here (within a 20-minute drive) are the grand 17th-century Château de Serrant and the fab Château de Brissac, not … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Plages de Loire?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: Anytime