This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly coastal park surrounded by woodland trails for hiking
- A 300-metre walk to the beach and 15 minutes' drive to Pornic
- Watersports, games room, kids’ clubs, heated pool, bar and restaurant
Life at Camping Les Pierres Couchées centres around the stunning seaside – and who would expect any different when the sandy watersports hub of Saint-Brevin-les-Pin is just a couple of minutes’ walk away?
Yet there’s much more to this action-packed park than a prime beachside location alone. Splash in the shoreline of the Loire-Atlantique, perhaps having a go at windsurfing, surfing, kitesurfing or catamaran riding, or take a dip in the heated outdoor pool back on base.
Fully lifeguarded, this spot has a waterslide for les enfants to whoosh down and the kids also have three free clubs to join. Sports facilities, including a field for football and basketball, a gym, a boules pitch and a tennis court, are on hand for the whole family.
And the divertissements don’t stop there… Times on the ping-pong and pool tables, sessions using the video games, daily sports tournaments and hours on the playgrounds are also to be had.
Off-site activities include cycling (bike rental available), rambling and picnicking in the woodland surrounds – head to the site’s information centre to find out what else there is to do locally. The staff might point you towards paintballing, treetop adventure courses and miniature golf, as well as scuba diving, fishing, horse riding and quad biking.
Refill at the restaurant after busy days out or grill up grub using one of the communal barbecues. As evening draws in, settle down to watch the free family entertainment before following up with a sundowner at the bar and terrace when the kids are in bed.
The site also has a small shop and takeaway if you’d rather snack while supervising the small sorts in your accommodation. Bringing a baby? Equipment for smaller tots is for hire, so guardians don’t have to haul a high chair, cot, bath or buggy on their break.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitising stations
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Swimming pool entry quota
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
With so much to do on site, you might not have time to squeeze in explores of the local area. But if you do, historic hotspots like the Breton fishing village of Pornic (15 minutes’ drive) and the shipbuilding centre of Saint-Nazaire (20 minutes) should be high up on your list.
Stroll around the salt marshes of Guérande (30 minutes) as well, then navigate your way to Noirmoutier-en-l'Île (an hour and five minutes) for more nature-based days on a scenic island just off the coast of the Pays de la Loire.
As for kid-friendly activities, head to the Planète Sauvage safari park (40 minutes) and the Océarium Croisic aquarium (50 minutes) for hours with the animals.
- Does Camping Les Pierres Couchées have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Les Pierres Couchées dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Pierres Couchées? With so much to do on site, you might not have time to squeeze in explores of the local area. But if you do, historic hotspots like the Breton fishing village of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Pierres Couchées?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.