This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Set on an island on the Dordogne river
- Heated pool and big kids' pool with monkey bars and slides
- Snack bar, terrace, solarium, library and fridge and barbecue hire
It might not – alas – be your Very Own Island when staying at Camping Beaulieu sur Dordogne in south-west France. But, as you'll excitedly point out to your colleagues/ neighbours/ all who'll listen beforehand, a holiday here will have you on an island on the Dordogne river – such a phrase on its own should be enough to inspire a sense of adventure.
Guests here can fish, canoe or kayak along the Dordogne waters surrounding this Correze site, or hike, bike and have caving adventures in the local countryside. If your small and excitable holiday companions need a more organised type of event, send them off to the summer kids' club where they can launch themselves into workshops and activities.
Next to the main pool, a kids' pool with slides and monkey bars is also on site if your offspring are still overly excitable after their antics at the club – and it's thoughtfully set next to sunbathing space and sun loungers so you can keep an eye on the kids from a maximumly relaxed base. You may also care to teach the family the ins and outs of pétanque, start a ping pong competition, or (ha) suggest you all settle down for a quiet time in the library.
Camping Beaulieu sur Dordogne has a snack bar with spacious terrace, overlooking the pool. It's a couple of minutes' walk from the shops, restaurants and bakeries of medieval town Bealieu-sur-Dordogne.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Very good campsite, if in the Dordogne again will definitely stay ther
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Indoor pool nearby
Gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 pitches)
The kids might be mostly interested in the activities on and around the Dordogne river, but a look at local town Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne should also be on the agenda, as it's an utterly beaut spot that's well worth a wander.
The town's best-known attraction is probably the abbey church of St Peter, founded in the ninth century to become an important religious landmark because of its closeness to St James's Way. Probably of more interest to the kids, Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne's also famed for its strawberries: over 400 tons or about one per cent of France's total strawberry harvest happens here, so trying a punnet or several is much recommended.
A couple of châteax are within easy reach: 14th-century Château d'Estresse, a few minutes' drive from the site, and the medieval Château de Castelnau-Bretenoux 11 kilometres away. Another fab and famed old option is the Gouffre de Padirac or Padiriac Chasm 25 kilometres away, the most visited underground tourist attraction in France; you should also see spectacular Rocamadour (37 kilometres), the cliffside village known throughout the world.
- Does Camping Beaulieu sur Dordogne have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Beaulieu sur Dordogne dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Beaulieu sur Dordogne? The kids might be mostly interested in the activities on and around the Dordogne river, but a look at local town Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne should also be on the agenda, as it's an utterly … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Beaulieu sur Dordogne?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.