This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spectacular site among 100 hectares of the Bec d'Allier nature reserve
- Treetop adventure park, miniature golf course, petting zoo and boating
- Indoor and outdoor pools, plus relaxation area with sauna and hammam
Le Domaine du Grand Bois is a swish park in a serene green setting among the Bec d'Allier nature reserve, 20 minutes’ drive from the historic city of Nevers. It's a spectacular remote retreat hidden among a dense forest of mature trees, all set across 100 hectares and bordered by a pretty pine woodland.
The owners have very deliberately limited the number of cabins at the resort in order to provide plenty of room for sitting back and admiring the natural surrounds; the accommodation is exceptionally well laid out around a smashing lake too for water-based pursuits.
So many draws has this park that you might have trouble knowing where to begin; perhaps at the lake, where motorboating, paddle boating and canoeing are all excellent on-site options. Or you could try the treetop adventure park within the grounds for braver souls to test their steel… or get a book from the library and head down to the outdoor pool's sun terrace… or venture to the indoor pool for a dip in all weathers. A wellness area with sauna, hammam and relaxation area is also on site.
Kids can meet the furry critters at the site's miniature farmyard, hire a pedal-powered go-kart, or hang out in the games room. Outdoors, a miniature golf course and a bouncy castle is at their disposal too.
If you’re feeling peckish, pick up regional products and souvenirs at the on-site shop, or have a bite to eat in the snack bar, open daily.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Loved the facilities and a lot of money has gone into the grounds
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
If you’re of a naturely persuasion, the site’s Bec d'Allier nature reserve setting means that you can go out into the surrounds to spot migrating birds, beavers and other wild things.
Nevers city is the place for cultured urban days off site: visit Rue François Mitterrand to wander around its stylish boutiques and chocolate shop, drop into the Place de l’Europe to sample the city’s café scene, stroll along the banks of the Loire or take a pleasant river trip on a futreau (a traditional flat-bottomed boat).
A skydiving centre is around 25 minutes from the resort; once you’re done there, head to the casino for a stiff drink and to fritter away a few euros. If you’ve got tiddlers in tow, take them to the city’s bowling alley, or if they’re into skateboarding and BMXing, there’s a pretty neat park for that there too.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Le Domaine du Grand Bois have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Le Domaine du Grand Bois dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Le Domaine du Grand Bois? If you’re of a naturely persuasion, the site’s Bec d'Allier nature reserve setting means that you can go out into the surrounds to spot migrating birds, beavers and other wild things. Nevers … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Le Domaine du Grand Bois?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 9:30 a.m.