This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious site five minutes' drive from Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Easy access to outdoor activities including hikes and rafting
- Swimming pool, outdoor cinema, adventure golf, restaurant and bar
Presumably it was the magic word ‘Plitvice’ that piqued your interest in this site? A wise move if so, for the Plitvice Lakes National Park is home to some of Croatia’s most spectacular scenery (an impressive feat in the face of so much competition…), and the aptly-named Plitvice Holiday Resort is a mere few minutes’ drive from the park’s entrance.
This Karlovac area resort a few minutes’ drive from the town of Rakovica has been running since 1968, welcoming folk for stopovers on lengthy journeys or more extended stays packed with all sorts of outdoor activities. Hikes, bike rides, cave visits, rafting, kayaking, climbing, ziplining, fishing and horse riding are among the many alfresco antics to be had nearby, all taking in the splendid scenery of the surrounding forests, meadows, mountains and clear rivers.
Activity doesn’t stop once you get back to base, either – facilities around the spacious 50,000-square-metre site include a swimming pool, beach volleyball, playground, table tennis and adventure golf, plus a fitness area for those who don’t feel like they’ve quite had enough exercise yet.
When the time comes to slow the pace, head for the barbecue area or cuddle up for a film under the stars at the outdoor cinema area. A restaurant, coffee bar and poolside bar are on hand for easy eats and drinks on site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
To the Plitvice Lakes National Park first, of course – the country’s oldest and largest national park, with 16 gorgeous turquoise lakes, several waterfalls and heaps of boardwalks and forest trails to take it all in. Top tip: this is one of Croatia’s most-visited attractions, so do your best to haul yourself from slumbers and get up there early before the day trippers arrive…
Continue the alfresco explores with horse riding or rafting trips, both of which can be sourced five minutes’ drive away, or delving underground at Barać Caves (15 minutes). Hardy types with a head for heights may fancy scaling Plješivica mountain (half an hour).
Time to dial the pace down a touch? Take a wander around the Dolina Jelena Ranch deer park, or Drežnik’s castle and Old Town (both five minutes away), or amble around the well-preserved village of Rastoke (20 minutes). Selecting a fishing spot by the Slunj river (20 minutes) is a good way to while away a few hours, too.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||11 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||2:30 p.m. –||11 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Plitvice Holiday Resort cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Local city tax of €1.35 (£1.16) per person per night is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Local eco tax of €0.10 (£0.09) per person per night is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Local sales tax of €1.00 (£0.86) per person per stay is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Plitvice Holiday Resort have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Plitvice Holiday Resort dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Plitvice Holiday Resort? To the Plitvice Lakes National Park first, of course – the country’s oldest and largest national park, with 16 gorgeous turquoise lakes, several waterfalls and heaps of boardwalks and forest trails to … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Plitvice Holiday Resort?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2:30 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.