This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, peaceful site on the banks of the Agujas River
- A 15-minute drive to Puerto Jiménez; small beach a short walk away
- On the edge of the Corcovado National Park; lots of wildlife on site
Not a morning person? You may quite possibly change your mind on that front when you stay at La Cuna Camping, a peaceful and safe Puntarenas spot on the banks of the Agujas River and just outside the Corcovado National Park.
That setting makes mornings here rather different to anything you might experience at home: you’ll use the call of the howler monkeys as an alarm clock, then splash yourself properly awake under the running water of the rather splendid outdoor shower. Bring along foodie bits (which you can pick up in Puerto Jiménez, 15 minutes’ drive away) to boost your morning even further with breakfast at the picnic area surrounded by tropical trees and plants.
And after that? Well, you might choose to stay put right where you are, as it’s a fine spot for spying on some of the wildlife that calls this place home: sloths, scarlet macaws and monkeys all put in regular appearances. Don’t dawdle for too long though, as this part of the world is packed with things to fill your days: snorkelling, scuba diving, mangrove kayaking, waterfall hikes, sport fishing and surf lessons are all nearby… and that’s before you’ve even planned outings into the national park for more encounters with exotic beasties.
The facilities here include toilets and those splendid outdoor showers, along with space for car parking, tea and coffee facilities, a fridge and a microwave.
A restaurant/bar is a few minutes' walk away, and it's a similar wander to a nearby secluded beach.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Wildlife, it should be pointed out, can be rather shy at times – so it’s a fine idea to rope in the help of eagle-eyed experts to help you spot some of the region’s more elusive residents. Day-long guided hikes in the Corcovado National Park can be sorted in Puerto Jiménez (15 minutes’ drive along a good road) with folk who know what to look out for.
On foot isn’t the only way to get out and about – the town’s activity centres also arrange horse riding, canopy ziplining adventures and kayak outings either in the mangroves or out to sea in search of dolphins.
If you’ve got your eye on other sea-based activities, stick around in Puerto Jiménez for fishing trips, or keep going to Playa Platanares (half an hour’s drive) for surf lessons – or to lounge on the lengthy stretch of sand. All a bit too active? Dial the pace down a bit with an outing to the nearby mineral spa or a tasty tour of a chocolate farm (both 10 minutes’ drive).
- Does La Cuna Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is La Cuna Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near La Cuna Camping? Wildlife, it should be pointed out, can be rather shy at times – so it’s a fine idea to rope in the help of eagle-eyed experts to help you spot some of … Read more