This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Pristine eco lodge on the Madre de Dios canal
- Fishing, kayaking and boat trips to see endangered turtles
- Restaurant, hammocks, huge campfire and free beach shuttle
Well now, this is a pretty special setting – if you’ve ever fancied spending a night or few in the midst of an ancient rainforest, Lirio Lodge could be the place for you. This spectacular tropical wildlife haven is in the Pacuare Reserve on the Madre de Dios canal, on the edge of the Tortuguero National Park and close to the beaches of Limón province's Caribbean coast.
Getting here’s part of the fun: the secluded site is accessed by a gravel road that leads through a banana plantation to a dock where you’ll be ferried to the lodge. From here you can get out and explore the surrounding woodland by foot or by bike, or take boat or kayak trips to see the wildlife of the Tortuguero canals. Trips to local fishing spots and to see the area’s endangered turtles can be arranged by the site staff.
Clearly it’d be tricky to pop out for something to eat from here, so it’s mighty handy that there’s a restaurant on site; once you’ve had your fill it’s out to haul yourself into a hammock for a siesta, or to hang out with fellow guests around the huge communal campfire area. There's also a free shuttle bus from the park that will take you to the beach if you fancy a spot of swimming or sunbathing.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Lake and/or mountain
Gas cylinders available
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Free shuttle from the car park to the lodge. Customers arriving with their own transport should be at the Goshen dock by 10.30am in order to board the boat. If you prefer a private lift, please contact the site using the number or the email on the booking form.
The Pacuare Reserve is one of the most pristine parts of the canal-crossed Tortuguero National Park, and home to all sorts of exotic beasties – guided nature walks, boat trips and kayak excursions can be booked on site and may include sightings of birds, turtles and monkeys, or possibly the elusive jaguar.
Other excursions organised by the friendly folks here include fishing trips, outings to turtle conservation projects and village visits. They’ll also help out with shuttle trips to the coast if you hanker after spending your day strolling along several kilometres of top-notch Caribbean beach.
Moving on, it’ll take you a couple of hours to drive to Limón or inland to the Barbilla National Park (one of the country’s less-visited, and therefore well-preserved, nature reserves).
- Does Lirio Lodge have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Lirio Lodge dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Lirio Lodge? The Pacuare Reserve is one of the most pristine parts of the canal-crossed Tortuguero National Park, and home to all sorts of exotic beasties – guided nature walks, boat trips and kayak … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Lirio Lodge?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 9:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime