This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Eco-friendly site in a Tamarugo forest
- Five minutes from the town of La Tirana
- Cooking area, campfire area and 24/7 hot running water
El Huarango is an eco-friendly site in a Tamarugo forest, well placed for local attractions and for visiting the Atacama Desert, one of the driest in the world. It's five minutes from the town of La Tirana.
Facilities include a communal room, a campfire area, a cooking area and washing-up sinks. There are separate bathrooms for men and women, and 24/7 running hot water.
El Huarango also has picnic benches, grills and outdoor seating. As an eco-friendly site, it uses solar energy and recycling.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Jumbo tent pitches
There are many attractions near the site including:
- The town of La Tirana, five minutes from the site
- Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, 20 minutes away
- Village of Pica, 20 minutes
- Geoglyph motifs, 30 minutes
- Atacama Giant, 40 minutes
- Iquique, an hour away
- The salt flat of the Salar de Huasco, 90 minutes
Other tourist attractions worth a visit include:
- Salar de Llamara
- The geoglyphs of Tamentica and the town of Huatacondo
- Enquelga, Isluga and Bofedal de Aravilla, highland areas known for their llamas, alpacas, flamingos, birds, foxes and more
- Pisagua, a small town with sea lions, penguins and dolphins