This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Remote Mato Grosso site on the banks of the Cuiabá river
- Boat tours, canoe hire and jaguar-spotting tours to book on site
- River access for fishing; barbecue area and self-service restaurant
It's all about the wildlife and wonder around here… The stretch of the Cuiabá river around Porto Jofre is a hub for all manner of exotic flora and fauna, and Camping Porto Jofre, on the Cuiabá's northern bank, makes a fab base for getting out to see it all. Guests at this Mato Grosso can hike through the lush wetland surroundings or sign up for critter-viewing tours that will take them out in search of tapirs, ocelots, wolves and other local beasts.
The real highlight of this area, however, has to be the chance to go out on a jaguar-spotting tour – have a chat with the folk on site to sort an outing in search of these elusive cats (they reckon you’re pretty much guaranteed a sighting if you give it three days…)
This site's location is pretty nifty too: it's just at the southern end of the 150-kilometre Transpantaneira, a rather remarkable road that runs from Poconé in the north down through the Pantanal – the largest tropical wetland area on the planet – and the riverside setting means access to some good fishing when you're not out and about.
For food, the self-service restaurant serves up local grub (including breakfasts), and there’s a barbecue area for those who'd prefer to cook their own. Pitches have access to plenty of shade, free wifi, covered seating areas, a water supply and separate male/female bathrooms.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
The Cuiabá river is home to many a secluded spot, making this peaceful stretch of water a good one for floating safaris. Chat with staff on site to arrange a wildlife-watching boat trip in the surrounding area or hire canoes on site to set off for self-powered river adventures.
Landlubbers who have come here in search of tropical birds and beasts have plenty of options too: Fazenda São Bento (a five-minute drive from base) has dedicated trucks that rove these banks on the hunt for nature. Encontro das Águas State Park (half an hour by car) is also worth a gander – hikes through these parts come highly recommended, as do local birdwatching opportunities (don't forget your binoculars).
For a road trip that takes in spectacular vistas, head to the Transpantaneira and drive the two hours and 45 minutes up to Poconé. The surrounding landscape is sure to make a splash (particularly during the rainy season, when 80% of the Pantanal is under water) and Poconé has several good restaurants where you can stop off before heading back to base for a night under the stars.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||5 p.m.|
Camping Porto Jofre cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Porto Jofre have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Porto Jofre dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Porto Jofre? The Cuiabá river is home to many a secluded spot, making this peaceful stretch of water a good one for floating safaris. Chat with staff on site to arrange a wildlife-watching boat … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Porto Jofre?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: Anytime