This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- At the edge of the Hoge Kempen National Park
- Private pond for swimming and water zorbing
- Pool and paddling pool, bar and terrace
What a Lanaken location... Camping Jocomo Park in Flanders is at the edge of the Hoge Kempen National Park and right by a pine forest of 5,700 hectares at which to hike, bike, boat and birdwatch. (Fancy more? This is an area of outdoorsy activities, so get prepped to expend energy on such antics as horse riding, canoeing and golf if you so desire.)
And you don't even need to toddle far to get going: the site's got its own private pond for freshwater swimming and watery activities like water zorbing and rowing, and a roomy outdoor pool and paddling pool open in high season. Rather handily, the pool is near the terrace of the bar so that grownups can sip coffees (or a tipple of choice) while keeping a beady eye on their offspring in the water.
Once dried off, there's further scope for sporting endeavours at the tennis court, badminton area, pétanque court and multisports pitch, plus a pleasingly spacious playground for the nippers and an outdoor gym for anyone who's overdone it on the local waffles and/or beers (easily done – both are mighty tasty). Craft sessions, sports tournaments and evening shows are among the extra activities laid on for all ages through the summer.
Got a bit mucky in the process of all this activity? A laundry room and bathroom blocks with coin-operated showers should help you get back to a presentable state.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
The heathland and forest of the Hoge Kempen National Park is right by Camping Jocomo Park, and hiking, cycling, kayaking and boating are all available nearby. If that's got your hiking juices flowing, the nearby highway gives easy access to the fine forests, hills and more hikes of the Ardennes.
If you want a bit of Belgian culture/urbanity, Jocomo is handily accessible to the towns, restaurants and shopping of Hasselt, Genk and Maasmechelen, and to Tongeren, Belgium's oldest town and its only Roman capital way back when. The open-air museum at Bokrijk (25 minutes) is also well worth a look, and a stay at Jocomo will have you within half an hour's drive of the pretty cities of Liège and Aachen.
Don't limit yourself to one country, though – the Netherlands border is just a few minutes' drive away so you can easily swan across to Maastricht in around 20 minutes or so. There are some fab markets to poke around in here, plus lots of museums and historic bits and bobs to see (Hell's Gate and the underground tunnels of the Casemates military fortress are fave spots for visitors).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Jocomo Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Jocomo Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Jocomo Park? The heathland and forest of the Hoge Kempen National Park is right by Camping Jocomo Park, and hiking, cycling, kayaking and boating are all available nearby. If that's got your hiking juices … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Jocomo Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.