Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Couples-only site by the Frankland River in WA’s wine-growing region
- A 15-minute drive to wine estates; Lake Muir National Park 45 minutes
- Smart wooden cabins in a rural setting, with stores, café and takeaway
Frankland River Retreat is an adults-only camping area on 83 acres set aside for exclusive guest use, right in the middle of Western Australia’s premium wine-growing region. The river flows along the site’s boundary, and you’ll wake up to bird song and uninterrupted views of paddocks and trees.
The Great Southern region is famed for its wine production, and there are several vineyards open for guided tours and (even better) tastings within a 15-minute drive.
WA is also famous for its amazing sunsets, and as there’s practically no light pollution, the night sky around this romantic, remote spot is spectacular, with the Southern Cross often seen twinkling far above.
You can pick up supplies from the handy general store in Frankland River, and if you don’t feel like cooking, there’s a local takeaway service offering pizza and pasta dishes, as well as a community café, just the spot for a strong coffee and a catch-up chat. Still in town, you’ll need to bring your own equipment to play on the tennis courts, and there’s a small skate park close by too.
Accommodation is in nifty wooden cabins, well laid-out with a kitchenette, ensuites with shower, and a spacious living/sleeping area, making cosy retreats for loved-up couples. Oh – and air conditioning, a huge bonus in summer.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Max. persons: 2 x
Dimensions: 5.0m width x 4.0m length (16.4ft width x 13.1ft length) Calculated area: 20.0m² (215.3ft²)
|Max. persons||2 x
5.0m width x 4.0m length
(16.4ft width x 13.1ft length)
Calculated area: 20.0m² (215.3ft²)
|Year of manufacture||2015|
(1 x queen sized bed)
Bathroom (1 x shower, 1 x toilet)
|Duvets and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Car parking by pitch/unit|
|Gas and electricity included|
|Kitchen corner or kitchenette|
|Shower room with WC|
|No dogs allowed|
Based on a 1 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Local attractions and activities include:
- Frankland River: five minutes’ drive
- Swinney Vineyard: five minutes
- Alkoomi Wines: 15 minutes
- Ferngrove Wines: 15 minutes
- Lange Estate Winery: 15 minutes
- Rock Hole Dam Nature Reserve: 30 minutes
- Randell Road Nature Reserve: 40 minutes
- Lake Muir National Park: 45 minutes
- Stirling Range National Park: 45 minutes
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Frankland River Retreat cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Frankland River Retreat have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Frankland River Retreat dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Frankland River Retreat? Local attractions and activities include: - Frankland River: five minutes’ drive - Swinney Vineyard: five minutes - Alkoomi Wines: 15 minutes - Ferngrove Wines: 15 minutes - Lange Estate Winery: 15 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Frankland River Retreat?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Frankland River Retreat? From £60 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability