This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Secluded woodland pitches on a 300-acre Pembrokeshire farm
- A 10-minute drive from Oakwood theme park; 25 mins from Barafundle Bay
- Large pitches with firepit, picnic table and firewood provided
Peaceful Pembrokeshire nights interspersed with days packed full of beach trips, castles and family activities – that’s the plan for stays at Dragonfly Camping, 15 minutes’ drive from both Kilgetty and Pembroke.
A handy central location here puts guests within easy reach of several of south Wales’s finest beaches (including well-known stunner Barafundle Bay), and lots of excellent days out at the likes of Oakwood and Folly Farm. Days in are an option too, as the site has its own woodland craft centre that runs courses on such skills as fire-making, shelter building and crafts – have a chat with the site when booking if you’d like to have a go.
The traditional outdoorsy vibe carries on throughout the site – the team here like to call it ‘wild camping with perks’. Each pitch has its own little clearing in the woods, with a campfire area, firepit, picnic table and shelter. A pile of firewood (sustainably sourced from the farm) is thrown in with your booking, along with a daily delivery of ice packs to keep cool boxes cool.
At the centre of the site is a communal area (100 metres max from any pitch) that’s home to an off-grid wash house (with hot showers) and a canvas-covered building with washing-up area and games to while away any damp days. Solar panels provide the power here so there’s no wifi or electric hookups but the communal area’s got a couple of USB charging points to keep phones topped up.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
An excellent new site with some interesting pitches and a great set up
Fab campsite, well situated and great communication.
Great location in the heart of Pembrokeshire. Excellent campsite with …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.5 miles
4.5 miles Tesco — 5.5 miles
5.5 miles Honeyborough Green — 5.7 miles
- Train stations
Kilgetty Rail Station
— 4.7 miles
4.7 miles Saundersfoot Rail Station — 4.8 miles
4.8 miles Lamphey Rail Station — 5.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Pembroke Dock Ferry Terminal
— 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Tenby Ferry Landing — 7.0 miles
7.0 miles Caldey Island Ferry Landing — 8.7 miles
— 33.8 miles
First port of call for all should be Cresswell Quay a 10-minute walk away – home to the local pub and a great place for watching boats bob about or launching your own kayaks. Carry on the coastal vibe by planning trips to some of Pembrokeshire’s spectacular beaches: the traditional resort of Tenby (20 minutes’ drive), famed Barafundle Bay (25 minutes) and Freshwater West (half an hour), home to surf waves and a cracking mobile café, are some of the top picks.
If Pembrokeshire’s beaches are famed, then so (quite rightly) are its castles. Lovely lakeside Carew Castle is the closest at just over five minutes’ drive, and it’s also worth taking a look at those in Pembroke (15 minutes) and Manorbier (20 minutes).
Should the kids be demanding a bit more adventure in their lives, shuttle them off for days out at Oakwood theme park or the waterpark at Bluestone Resort (both 10 minutes’ drive), or to Folly Farm Adventure Park and Zoo and Heatherton World of Activities (both 15 minutes’ drive).
- Pembrokeshire Coast National Park (5.6 miles)
- Pembroke Castle (5.8 miles)
- St Davids Cathedral (21.2 miles)
- Tudor Merchant's House (7.1 miles)
- Stackpole Estate (9.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Dragonfly Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Dragonfly Camping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Dragonfly Camping? First port of call for all should be Cresswell Quay a 10-minute walk away – home to the local pub and a great place for watching boats bob about or launching your … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Dragonfly Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.