This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Riverside pub campsite in the Brecon Beacons National Park
- Campfires encouraged: just bring your own firewood
- Direct access to the Beacons Way; Dan-yr-Ogof Caves within a mile
Welsh river and Welsh wander: small and friendly Tafarn-Y-Garreg Campsite is a riverside site in the Brecon Beacons National Park, with direct access to the Beacons Way footpath, the 95-mile trail meandering through the park up to the highest peak in the Black Mountains, Fan-Brycheiniog, and the Brecons's glacier lakes.
And as you might wish when staying in such a walkable place, Tafarn-Y-Garreg has a cosy pub too… It's a mountain-style chalet, serving food in the evening and a wide range of fine brews such as lagers, ales and ciders to have in front of the fire after a long day's tramp.
The camping field is shaded by trees and is a short stroll from the site amenities of a portaloo and a shower hut (flushing toilets are across the road in the pub). And as you might also wish on a site with a wild camping vibe such as this, campfires are fully encouraged, so do bring along bagfuls of marshmallows and several packs of bangers.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
The atmosphere at Tafarn-Y-Garreg campsite was excellent. All of the …
Great location and some really nice pitches by the river. …
Nice quiet campsite. Good location. Flat pitch
- Friendly welcome at the pub, ask about local activities/sites …
Beautiful sheltered site with clean facilities,perfect spot to explore
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 13.3 miles
13.3 miles Railway Station — 13.6 miles
13.6 miles Bus Station — 14.2 miles
- Train stations
Llangadog Rail Station
— 11.7 miles
11.7 miles Llanwrda Rail Station — 12.0 miles
12.0 miles Llandovery Rail Station — 12.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Swansea Queens Dock Ferry Terminal
— 19.2 miles
— 23.7 miles
Are you a superhero fan? Have a heroic hike up to the nearby Henrhyd Falls, the highest waterfall in south Wales and used as the cover for the Batcave in The Dark Knight Rises. (It's easy to find from here: ask the amiable Tafarn-Y-Garreg Campsite owner to point you on your way.)
Slightly more gently, Tafarn-Y-Garreg has direct access to the 95 miles of the Beacons Way, running through the national park up to the mountains via woodland, moorland and farmland. It's a trail for experienced hikers and is only waymarked on the woodland stretches, so bring a compass and an Ordnance Survey map of the Brecon Beacons National Park if you want to give it a serious tackle.
The 11 miles of the Dan-yr-Ogof Caves or National Showcaves Centre for Wales are under a mile away. Once named as the greatest natural wonder in Britain, the caves are now part of a big family complex with dinosaurs, a shire horse centre and farm, playgrounds and more.
For a bit of fishing, head to the fly fishing of the Crai Reservoir, a wild brown trout fishery with full access to its stony banks.
- National Showcaves of Wales (1.0 miles)
- Penderyn Distillery Visitor Centre (8.4 miles)
- Aberdulais Falls (12.1 miles)
- Aberdulais Falls (12.1 miles)
- Aberdeunant (14.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Tafarn-Y-Garreg Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Tafarn-Y-Garreg Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Tafarn-Y-Garreg Campsite? Are you a superhero fan? Have a heroic hike up to the nearby Henrhyd Falls, the highest waterfall in south Wales and used as the cover for the Batcave in The Dark … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Tafarn-Y-Garreg Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 12 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.