This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-run park near the western end of Loch Tay
- Loch Earn and Loch Lomond within an hour's drive
- Laundry room, play area and picnic tables; dogs welcome
Set in quiet countryside near the western end of Loch Tay and five minutes' drive from the edge of the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park – and around 50 minutes from Loch Lomond itself – Cruachan Farm Caravan and Camping Park is a family-run site in a great position for sightseeing around the southern Highlands and central Scotland.
Whatever kind of accommodation you opt for, you'll have access to a smart and spacious park with well-maintained amenities like a toilet and shower block, a laundry room, a kids' play area and picnic benches.
The site is well under a mile from the banks of Loch Tay and close to lots of other outdoor attractions: clay pigeon shooting, tennis, watersports, birdwatching and tracking down ancient burial sites are all popular pastimes you can get up to in the local area.
Cruachan Farm Caravan and Camping Park is a five-minute drive to the east of Killin, a scenic spot with a castle, pubs, a supermarket and waterside walks around the gorgeous Falls of Dochart.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Decent basic wee site
This was our 3rd visit to this site and would definitely return.
Loved it will be back soon.
I'll be back
Excellent site with very friendly staff and clean facilities
Poor customer service, they don't answer calls or emails
Caretakers were brilliant, shower block nice and clean, location was …
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
- Coach stations
Pine Trees Leisure Park
— 17.7 miles
17.7 miles Hotel — 21.1 miles
21.1 miles Fishers Hotel — 24.7 miles
- Train stations
Crianlarich Rail Station
— 15.5 miles
15.5 miles Upper Tyndrum Rail Station — 17.5 miles
17.5 miles Tyndrum Lower Rail Station — 17.9 miles
- Ferry ports
— 21.6 miles
21.6 miles Ardlui Pier — 22.1 miles
22.1 miles Inversnaid Pier — 23.8 miles
Oban (North Connel) Airport
— 43.6 miles
Starting locally, Killin Castle (five minutes' drive) is definitely a landmark to explore. While here, wander down past the pretty waters at the Falls of Dochart (five minutes) and keep an eye out for wildlife. Killin Golf Club (also five minutes) is a well-liked course with nine scenic landscaped holes to try, while just a little further away at Ben Lawers Dam (10 minutes) you can get a close-up view of one of Scotland's highest Munros.
After exploring Loch Tay and the local area, it's a short enough drive to Loch Tay (20 minutes), where plenty of watersports and hiking trails are on offer. The village of Aberfoyle (an hour away) is very popular with off-road cyclists who appreciate its miles of well-maintained gravel tracks, and there's also a forest park with Go Ape, a visitor centre and a hide where beady-eyed visitors may spot red squirrels among the trees.
For more heritage sights, try Castle Menzies (30 minutes), an imposing 16th-century clan seat, or Stirling Castle (an hour and 10 minutes), one of the most important and impressive historic buildings in Scotland.
- Gleneagles, PGA Centenary (24.3 miles)
- Blair Castle (24.5 miles)
- National Wallace Monument (27.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Cruachan Farm Caravan and Camping Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cruachan Farm Caravan and Camping Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cruachan Farm Caravan and Camping Park? Starting locally, Killin Castle (five minutes' drive) is definitely a landmark to explore. While here, wander down past the pretty waters at the Falls of Dochart (five minutes) and keep an eye … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Cruachan Farm Caravan and Camping Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.