This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Conveniently located within the City of Edinburgh.
- A well maintained privately owned park set on a country estate.
- Easy access into the city by public transport until late at night.
A very picturesque country estate situated on the south side of the City of Edinburgh and only 4 miles from Princes Street. Mortonhall is Edinburgh's premier park and it offers the ideal holiday contrast of country living and city entertainment.
Set within a 200 acre country estate, lies the beautifully maintained camping and caravan park. Walkers will especially enjoy the signed 'paths for all' access system throughout the estate.
The parks facilities include The Stable Bar and Restaurant providing a varied menu for all tastes and pockets. We have a great choice of pitches ranging from full service hardstands to well kept grass.
The park also boasts heated toilet blocks with ample free hot water, family and disabled facilities, games and television room, laundry, kitchen and play area. Our on site shop caters for all your daily needs and we also have WiFi.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
— 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Bus Station — 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Jarnac Court — 4.3 miles
- Train stations
Slateford Rail Station
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Haymarket Rail Station — 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Edinburgh Rail Station — 3.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Leith Newhaven Harbour Ferry Landing
— 5.5 miles
5.5 miles Inchcolm Island Ferry Landing — 9.9 miles
9.9 miles South Queensferry Ferry Landing — 10.0 miles
— 7.8 miles
Exit the A720 Edinburgh City by-pass at the Lothianburn or Straiton Junctions and follow signs towards the city centre then follow the signs for Frogston Road and Mortonhall Caravan and Camping Park on the B701.
Edinburgh's year round attractions are a short car or bus ride away including castles, palaces, museums, sports attractions and Edinburgh Zoo.
Edinburgh also has a fabulous selection of restaurants, cinemas, theatres and shopping centres and an abundance of historical attractions. Golf, tennis, pony trekking, skiing and ten-pin bowling are just a few of the amenities close by.
Did you know that Edinburgh also boast's it's own beach at Portabello and if you like walking the Pentland Hills Regional Park is right on our doorstep! We even have Mortonhall Garden Centre right at our entrance complete with Farm shop and cafe.
- Royal Scottish Academy (3.0 miles)
- National Museum of Scotland (3.1 miles)
- Mercat Tours (Edinburgh Walks) (3.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Mortonhall Caravan and Camping Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Mortonhall Caravan and Camping Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Mortonhall Caravan and Camping Park? Edinburgh's year round attractions are a short car or bus ride away including castles, palaces, museums, sports attractions and Edinburgh Zoo. Edinburgh also has a fabulous selection of restaurants, cinemas, theatres and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Mortonhall Caravan and Camping Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
Please let us know if you are arriving after these times as we will make arrangements for a late arrival.Read more