This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Carefully crafted camping pods 12 miles from Inverness
- In a forest above Loch Ness
- Heating, electric, mattresses and insulation in all pods
A little piece of pod heaven in the Scottish Highlands: say aye. Camping Pod Heaven is in the village of Abriachan, 12 miles from Inverness, above Loch Ness and with plenty of local walking trails to wander from one's poddy base. And its scenery and setting are pretty heavenly too: have you seen the site pics...?
All the pods here are big enough to comfortably fit four adults and come with mattresses, an electric socket, heating and a private entrance. Wifi is available on site.
Around the site, podders will find barbecues, covered picnic tables and seating area, and a firepit with more seating. The bathroom is shared and is a short distance from the pods.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Lake and/or mountain
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Touring and motorhomes
Gas cylinders available
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Lochend Coach Stop
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Urquhart Castle: Coach Stop — 4.5 miles
4.5 miles Drumnadrochit Coach Stop — 4.6 miles
- Train stations
Beauly Rail Station
— 7.0 miles
7.0 miles Inverness Rail Station — 9.3 miles
9.3 miles Muir of Ord Rail Station — 9.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Inverness Loch Ness Ferry Landing
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Fort Augustus Ferry Landing — 19.7 miles
19.7 miles Invergordon Port Ferry Terminal — 22.5 miles
— 16.4 miles
From the A82, follow the unclassified road towards Loch Laide up the steep hill for approximately a mile. The road will flatten out and then you will see approximately 10 wheelie bins on the right hand side and then two static caravans in a field on your left. Turn right on to a forestry track just before the 'Pedestrian in the road' warning triangle.
If you've come to these parts to walk, hike, bike or mountain bike, you're in luck: loads of trails are in the countryside surrounding Camping Pod Heaven and the site is a handy stopover for those doing the walk, cycle and canoe route the Great Glen Way.
Lovely Loch Ness is a five-minute drive away for boat trips and monster spotting; another six miles will take you to Urquhart Castle in Drumnadrochit, the 16th-century castle overlooking Loch Ness and now with Loch Ness Monster exhibitions. More famed Scottish history is at Inverness Castle within a 25-minute drive and at Culloden battlefield 18 miles away.
Other options include an evening at Eden Court Theatre, 25 minutes away, or a day at the Nevis Range Mountain Resort or Cairngorm Mountain Resort about an hour away in each direction, to tackle the likes of snowy sports, mountain biking and high ropes.
- The Official Loch Ness Monster Exhibition (4.4 miles)
- Urquhart Castle (5.7 miles)
- Jacobite Cruises (8.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Camping Pod Heaven have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Pod Heaven dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Pod Heaven? If you've come to these parts to walk, hike, bike or mountain bike, you're in luck: loads of trails are in the countryside surrounding Camping Pod Heaven and the site is a ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Pod Heaven?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.