This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-kept family-run park with views of Wigtown Bay
- In a stargazing and birdwatching haven five miles from Wigtown
- Immaculate and heated shower block with family room and free hot water
Wherever you pitch up at Drumroamin Farm Camping and Caravan Site in Dumfries and Galloway, be sure to leave some space for lying back and stargazing. This part of Scotland has some of the darkest skies in Europe (part of Dumfries and Galloway was made Britain's first Dark Sky Park), so is just the spot for galactic activities. And the phone connectivity is pitch perfect, so you can look up what you're looking up at and have the kids starstruck at your cosmic range of knowledge.
By day, the area around Drumroamin Farm is birdwatching – and fishing – land too and the site itself has pretty stellar views over Wigtown Bay and the surrounding hillsides from its open, level and well-drained camping field. It's about five miles from bookish Wigtown for a ramble around the secondhand bookshops: you could look for a book on astronomy…
And as for the camping? Facilities on the farm are immaculately maintained by the very friendly team and include a modern, roomy and heated shower and loo block with separate family/disabled room, and a dishwashing area with two coin-operated washing machines and a coin-operated dryer; as with the showers, the hot water for washing up is free.
Other considerate touches are evident all over at this friendly and popular park, like the indoor playroom and sitting area with TV, DVD player and books for more misty days, the freezer for guests' use (remember to label icepacks with your name) and the secure lock-up storage for bikes and boats (subject to availability). A large play area is adjacent to the site for the kids.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Gas cylinders available
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Creetown (Dumfries & Galloway): Coach Stop
— 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Newton Stewart: Dashwood Square Coach Stop — 9.0 miles
9.0 miles Gatehouse of Fleet: Fleet Street Bus Stop — 10.1 miles
- Train stations
Barrhill Rail Station
— 23.3 miles
23.3 miles Stranraer Rail Station — 24.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Stranraer Ferry Terminal
— 24.5 miles
24.5 miles Cairnryan Ferry Terminal — 25.3 miles
25.3 miles Cairnryan P&O Ferry Terminal — 25.3 miles
Glasgow Prestwick International Airport
— 47.5 miles
Forest track or quiet road cycling, birdwatching and standing stones are all around Drumroamin Farm Camping and Caravan Site, and there's loads of fishing available too in the local rivers, sea or forest park lochs. For a spot of history, wander round Whithorn Priory or St Ninian's Cave and chapel.
Take the pleasant walk from the campsite to the saltmarsh, mudflats and hills of the RSPB reserve Crook of Baldon if you're here for birdwatching, where species to spot include pink-footed geese, golden plovers and Icelandic whooper swans in summer.
Also in the area, kids should like seeing and petting the friendly animals of Monreith Animal World at Newton Stewart, while grownups might fancy a day at Scotland's most southerly distillery, Bladnoch.
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Drumroamin Farm Camping and Caravan Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Drumroamin Farm Camping and Caravan Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Drumroamin Farm Camping and Caravan Site? Forest track or quiet road cycling, birdwatching and standing stones are all around Drumroamin Farm Camping and Caravan Site, and there's loads of fishing available too in the local rivers, sea or … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Drumroamin Farm Camping and Caravan Site?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.