This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Stay among the scenic Galloway Hills in south-west Scotland
- On an 80-acre equestrian farm two miles from the beach
- Farm tours, fishing and treasure hunts; 7stanes 300 metres away
Gorgeous gorgeous Galloway views… just part of what guests get with a stay at Gorsebank Camping Village, 80-acre equestrian farm in the Galloway Hills.
Pause for a perusal of the pics to see the full lushness of this Dumfries and Galloway and south-west Scotland site: thick with trees and shrubs that blaze colour in spring and autumn, and set among pasture, meadow and woodland bordering Dalbeattie Forest.
As you’d imagine, this is top territory for active outdoorsy types, with cycle paths clsoe by, and the famed 7stanes mountain bike trails accessible only 300 metres away at the Dalbeattie trailhead. Feeling faint at the very thought? Laze on the small beach at Rockcliffe is a few miles away, then take the gentle stroll a mile or so to Kippford to idle by the estuary and watch the yachts coming in.
Coarse fishing is available on site for a small extra charge if you’d prefer to keep the energy levels nice and low during your stay, and you can entertain the kids with ease on site too, on the farm experience tour, adventure path and the intriguing-sounding hide and seek hill... A nature treasure hunt and bike hire are available for an extra charge.
Barbecues and campfires are allowed; there’s a heated kitchen for indoor food prep, and the site amenities are kept spotless by the dedicated Gorsebank team: small wonder that a guest has pointed out that ‘Everything about this place is fantastic’…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Carlingwark Street — 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Village — 10.9 miles
- Train stations
Dumfries Rail Station
— 14.3 miles
14.3 miles Maryport Rail Station — 18.6 miles
18.6 miles Flimby Rail Station — 19.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Nichol End (Derwentwater) Ferry Landing
— 34.0 miles
Glasgow Prestwick International Airport
— 52.3 miles
From Dalbeattie: we are located just off the A710 coast road 1.5 miles south of the small town of Dalbeattie.
From Dumfries: we are located 14 miles south-west of Dumfries, you can reach the site from here via the A711 but other routes are available.
From Gretna Green: we are approximately 50 minutes from Gretna Green off the M6 via the A75. From Dumfries follow signs for Dalbeattie.
Although the award-winning 7stanes are a favoured spot of experienced mountain bikers, much of them are suitable for all levels of cyclist, from families and beginners to the truly hardy types. Hire a bike at the farm then pedal the short distance to the Dalbeattie 7stances trailhead for access to the trails on this part of the circuit: the seven and a half-mile Ironhash Trail into the forest is the easiest one to tackle.
If that’s not your thing, set off in to the forest for a wander, to spot herons, grebes and damselflies around Plantain Loch (about 10 miles from base if you’re up for the hike), or to take one of the waymarked paths of a mile and up. For watery pursuits, sailing is available at Kippford a few minutes’ drive away and at Loch Ken 20 minutes' drive inland; sea, game and coarse fishing are all close by.
For family days, the local ice cream factory (15 minutes) and chocolate factory (20 minutes) should see small guests satisfied, while grownups can investigate the local brewery, distillery and acclaimed farm shop for a fine selection of local produce.
- John Paul Jones Cottage Museum & Visitor Centre (9.2 miles)
- Robert Burns Centre (13.7 miles)
- Wordsworth House and Garden (24.4 miles)
- Buttermere and Ennerdale (28.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Gorsebank Camping Village have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Gorsebank Camping Village dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Gorsebank Camping Village? Although the award-winning 7stanes are a favoured spot of experienced mountain bikers, much of them are suitable for all levels of cyclist, from families and beginners to the truly hardy types. Hire … Read more