This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family park on a Ring of Kerry Hill overlooking beaches
- Direct access the water for guests to launch their own craft
- Book a RIB ride around the local islands
What a spectacular spot for camping in Ireland. Wave Crest Caravan Park is in Co Kerry, set on a Ring of Kerry Hill overlooking beaches, coves and mountains: you might even see an occasional basking shark or dolphin in the water off Derrynane Beach...
As might be evident, this is a watery spot suitable for watery sports, so we applaud the Wave Crest foresight in having direct access to the water for guests to launch their own craft or watersports kit.
More watery sports in the form of scuba diving and surfing or sailing are within five kilometres, along with hill walking, trips to the Skellig Islands and walks on the beach – Irish weather permitting... Or stay very close to home and book a RIB ride with owner John's brother Des, zipping niftily from Wave Crest around nearby islands, to the Bull Rock and across the bay to the Beara Peninsula.
The first-rate family facilities at Wave Crest include showers and loos, a well-stocked shop and deli, a fully-equipped play area and on-site tourist information.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
The site is located on the Ring of Kerry Wild Atlantic Way on the N70 between the villages of Caherdaniel and Castlecove. The campsite is clearly signed on the ring road from Kerry. Coming from Kenmare, we are the second campsite on the left before Caherdaniel. From Cahirciveen we are the second campsite on the left after Caherdaniel.
Approximate driving times during high season may take longer depending on traffic and the time of your trip but you can enjoy spectacular scenes along the way:
Waterville - 20 minutes
Sneem - 20 minutes
Killarney - 60 minutes
Tralee - 90 minutes
Kenmare - 45 minutes
Many outdoor activities are available in the area around Wave Crest Caravan Park, like local walks and bike trails, fishing excursions and trips to the Skellig Islands from Bunavalla or from local harbour Derrynane.
Local village Derrynane has Derrynane House, once the home of Daniel O'Connell and now a National Monument, museum and part of a large national park. Iron Age Staigue Fort is about three miles away.
Skellig Chocolate Factory at Ballinskelligs is another tasty treat in the local area, while heritage hunters should take a look at Valentia Lighthouse, built on the site of a seventeenth century fort on Cromwell Point. The fossilised footprint of a dinosaur can be seen from here, which we think is pretty spectacular...
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Wave Crest Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wave Crest Caravan Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Wave Crest Caravan Park? Many outdoor activities are available in the area around Wave Crest Caravan Park, like local walks and bike trails, fishing excursions and trips to the Skellig Islands from Bunavalla or from local … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Wave Crest Caravan Park?
In low season (01/01-31/05 and 01/09-31/12) the arrival/departure times are flexible. During this periods, please call the park using the contact details provided in the booking confirmation email if you are arriving after 10pm. In high season, arrivals from 12 noon to 10pm. Departures by 12 noon.Read more