Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Back to basics pitches on a Wiltshire farm with lovely rural views
- Half-hour drive to Longleat Safari Park; 40 minutes to Bath
- Farm produce for sale on site; barbecues and firepits welcome
Simple, spacious pitches are the order of the day at Little Thornham Campsite – along with stunning views over Salisbury Plain.
This peaceful site is part of a small farm in the Wiltshire countryside, half a mile from the A361 for a location that’s relatively easy to access but mercifully far away from traffic noise. It’s a real back-to-basics setup here, with just a compost toilet, a cold water tap and a cold-water washing-up area on the facilities front (please note there are no showers and no chemical disposal point). There’s plenty of open space for kids (and grownups too…) to play games in the field by the pitches, though.
A highlight here is likely to be a meal cooked out in the open – you’re welcome to bring barbecues and firepits (although their use may have to be banned in very hot, dry weather). Wood is available to buy from the farm, along with a whole range of fresh produce including sausages and eggs from the farm and burgers from the local butcher. There’s also a fresh milk delivery three times a week. Other bits can be picked up from the shops in Melksham, 10 minutes' drive away.
If you fancy a break from cooking, take a walk instead to one of the nearby pubs – there’s one 15 minutes away (with lovely food, a garden and a play area) or another 20 minutes away by the Kennet and Avon Canal. This is also the place for a good long waterside walk or a bit of fishing (just make sure to bring the relevant licence with you).
Open from 26/07/2023 to 09/08/2023
Open from 18/08/2023 to 30/08/2023
Please note that the toilet facilities are unisex.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Fires, barbecues and/or firepits will not be permitted in dry, windy and/or hot weather conditions.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Group bookings of 4 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Group bookings of 3 or more units (e.g. tent, touring caravan, motorhome or accommodation hire) travelling together are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
There is no reception on-site: on arrival please contact the number provided on your booking confirmation.
Single-sex bookings of 2 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
This is a working farm with some uneven ground and barbed wire fence on the edge of the pitches. Please do not enter any sheds, garden areas or open any closed gates. If you see any animals please do not feed them.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Min 8.0m width x 8.0m depth (26.2ft width x 26.2ft depth) Calculated area: 64.0m² (688.9ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Hand sanitising stations
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 1.8 miles
1.8 miles Three Magpies — 1.8 miles
1.8 miles Market Place — 3.0 miles
- Train stations
Melksham Rail Station
— 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Trowbridge Rail Station — 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Westbury (Wilts) Rail Station — 6.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Temple Meads Station Ferry Landing
— 22.4 miles
22.4 miles Temple Bridge (Bristol) Ferry Landing — 22.5 miles
22.5 miles Castle Park Ferry Landing — 22.8 miles
Bristol International Airport
— 26.8 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Caen Hill Locks: five minutes’ drive
- Wadworth Brewery Visitor Centre: 10 minutes
- Great Chalfield Manor: 15 minutes
- Westbury White Horse: 20 minutes
- Fairfield Animal Centre: 20 minutes
- Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum: 20 minutes
- Iford Manor Gardens: 25 minutes
- Longleat Safari Park: half an hour
- Bath: 40 minutes.
- Wadworth Visitor Centre (4.4 miles)
- Lacock Abbey, Grounds and Cloisters (5.4 miles)
- American Museum in Britain (9.6 miles)
- The Courts Garden (4.7 miles)
- Great Chalfield Manor and Garden (5.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Little Thornham Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Little Thornham Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Little Thornham Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Little Thornham Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Little Thornham Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Caen Hill Locks: five minutes’ drive - Wadworth Brewery Visitor Centre: 10 minutes - Great Chalfield Manor: 15 minutes - Westbury White Horse: 20 minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Little Thornham Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Little Thornham Campsite? From £18 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability