This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small family-run site next to the Kennet & Avon Canal
- Walking, cycling and fishing along the canal towpath
- Within easy reach of Avebury, Stonehenge and Bath
Are these ducks among the cutest neighbours you might see waddling along at any waterside site in the land? This quacking state of affairs is at family-run Foxhangers Canalside Holidays in Wiltshire, a peaceful place next to the Kennet & Avon Canal which flows placidly between Reading and Bristol.
Foxhangers is on a 90-acre farm, around a mile from the village of Rowde and three miles from Devizes. Famed south-west destinations including Avebury and Stonehenge, the Georgian city of Bath and Longleat Safari Park are all within easy reach.
The farm is next to the canal towpath, an all-weather path for cycling or walking along its flight of 18th-century locks along to Devizes or into the Wiltshire countryside. The canal is also well stocked with fish: angling licences can be bought on site.
Foxhangers has showers and toilets in a block 40 yards from the accommodation fields, a washing-up area and chemical disposal. Gas cylinders are available to buy.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Had relaxing time, nice and quiet, close to towns and activities.
Brilliant site, clean well maintained and very well priced.
Lovely little site with beautiful canal side walks
Great location, large pitches, extremely clean covid safe pitches
Staff friendly, good size pitches, great surrounding area
Excellent site, clean and very helpful owners
Clean and tidy staff friendly
Brilliant small site
Lovely area for walking and cycling, excellent site.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
- Coach stations
— 1.0 miles
1.0 miles Three Magpies — 1.1 miles
1.1 miles NX Coach Stop — 2.2 miles
- Train stations
Melksham Rail Station
— 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Trowbridge Rail Station — 7.6 miles
7.6 miles Chippenham Rail Station — 8.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Temple Meads Station Ferry Landing
— 24.1 miles
24.1 miles Temple Bridge (Bristol) Ferry Landing — 24.2 miles
24.2 miles Castle Park Ferry Landing — 24.5 miles
Bristol International Airport
— 28.8 miles
Wander the canal first of all, for a short stroll along its locks or for the peacefully scenic three-mile walk into the market town of Devizes, home of 29 canal locks and hundreds of historic sites including over 500 listed buildings and an 11th-century Norman castle.
History is all around here, such as at the famed and ancient stones of Avebury, 10 miles away, Chippenham and Trowbridge, both within 15 miles, and Lacock Abbey & Cloisters six miles away, used as a location in some of the Harry Potter films. The petting zoo, adventure playground, Georgian stately home and Capability Brown-designed gardens Bowood House & Gardens are seven miles away.
A 20-mile drive will take you to the Roman baths, shopping and beaut old buildings of UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath along the River Avon; if you're a literary type, take pride in a trip to the city's Jane Austen Centre to see its museum on the writer and have a sup in its Regency tearoom.
Bradford-on-Avon, 10 miles away, also has Georgian houses as well as plenty of independent shops and a handsome riverside walk.
Stonehenge and Longleat Safari Park are both 20 miles from the farm.
- Wadworth Visitor Centre (2.1 miles)
- Lacock Abbey, Grounds and Cloisters (5.3 miles)
- West Kennet Long Barrow (9.2 miles)
- Lacock Abbey, Fox Talbot Museum and Village (5.3 miles)
- The Courts Garden (6.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Foxhangers Canalside Holidays have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Foxhangers Canalside Holidays dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Foxhangers Canalside Holidays? Wander the canal first of all, for a short stroll along its locks or for the peacefully scenic three-mile walk into the market town of Devizes, home of 29 canal locks and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Foxhangers Canalside Holidays?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.