This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glamping units in the scenic grounds of a Swiss-style chalet hostel
- A five-minute drive from Street's Clarks Village and 15 to Glastonbury
- Self-catering kitchen, dining area, small shop, board games
Always wanted to glamp in the grounds of the oldest YHA hostel still welcoming guests? Even if that hasn't been a lifelong dream of yours, it’s high time to chuck it on the bucketlist: YHA Street is in a fab setting for a Somerset hol, surrounded by National Trust-protected land and with easy access to cycling and walking routes.
The park’s units are a half an hour stroll from Street, famed for its open-air shopping outlet Clarks Village, and are a 15-minute drive to Glastonbury’s left-of-field boutiques and vibes.
Those of a hippy leaning – or anyone keen for a good country walk – can stroll to mystical Glastonbury Tor overlooking the town for views over the Somerset Levels, Dorset, Wiltshire and Wales; bring enough nosh to picnic at the foot of the landmark.
Eats devoured, keen ramblers can follow the Monarch’s Way walking route to Wells, a mini city that packs a massive punch thanks to its grand cathedral, moated Bishop’s Palace and ancient rectors’ houses, while those who prefer to travel by car can do the journey from the site in half an hour.
If throwbacks to the past tend to be to your liking, the Fleet Air Arm Museum and Haynes International Motoring Museum are both under a 25-minute drive...
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great staff, great place and to add to it all the price was amazing
From the manager...
Thanks for the amazing review Maxine! We are glad you and your family had a lovely stay and hope to welcome you back to the hostel again soon
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Crispin Hall — 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Glastonbury Town Hall — 2.9 miles
- Train stations
Castle Cary Rail Station
— 9.6 miles
9.6 miles Bridgwater Rail Station — 10.8 miles
10.8 miles Highbridge & Burnham-on-Sea Rail Station — 12.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Bridgwater Ferry Terminal
— 11.1 miles
11.1 miles Weston-super-Mare Knightstone Harbour — 19.9 miles
19.9 miles Clevedon Pier — 23.8 miles
Bristol International Airport
— 19.3 miles
Please use the National Trust car park on Cockrod Road as there is no vehicular access directly to the hostel. The track from Higher Brooks is by foot only.
Once you’ve ticked the top nearby sightseeing spots off your list, it's time to concentrate on what else Somerset has in store: first, try spotting birds and otters at Shapwich Heath National Nature Reserve 20 minutes away, keeping a particularly beady eye out for Britain's biggest species of dragonfly, then set off further on for Wookey Hole (a half an hour drive). At the edge of the Mendips, this fantastically-named place is the gateway to caving, gorge climbing and hillwalking followed by meanders around manicured nature at Milton Lodge Gardens.
Drop by Cheddar a further 10 minutes on to stock up on the famed cheese or go north west instead to the coast and have town and pier times at the former Victorian seaside resort of Weston-super-Mare (a 50-minute drive).
If it’s a hot day and the kids could do with being dunked in water, splashes in the Clevedon Marine Lake are 50 minutes in the car too.
- Clarks Village (1.4 miles)
- Glastonbury Abbey (2.9 miles)
- Glastonbury Tor (3.2 miles)
- Stembridge Tower Mill (4.2 miles)
- West Pennard Court Barn (4.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does YHA Street have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is YHA Street dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near YHA Street? Once you’ve ticked the top nearby sightseeing spots off your list, it's time to concentrate on what else Somerset has in store: first, try spotting birds and otters at Shapwich Heath National … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of YHA Street?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.