This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly glampsite with shepherd's huts in the Quantock Hills
- Adventurer’s paradise a 20-minute drive from Taunton
- Stunning views towards Exmoor; horses and e-bikes for hire nearby
Considering a cosy place to stay while on a rambling respite in Somerset…? Take a look at Tilbury Farm, a family-friendly farm glampsite dotted with shepherd’s huts on the edge of West Bagborough village and 20 minutes’ drive from Taunton.
In the Quantock Hills (a former haunt of Coleridge and Wordsworth), this is a paradise for trekkers and adventurers of all kinds. Footpaths and bridleways crisscross the hills, making explores easy for hikers, bikers and riders, with maps and walking guides available on site. The Coleridge Way starts 15 minutes away in Nether Stowey, a trekking business is next door and an e-bike rental company is in the village – plus a secure bike lock-up is at the park for days out of the saddle.
For more of an urban feel, a trip into Taunton comes highly recommended: wander the stalls at the farmer’s market, poke around shops and museums, stop in at Hestercombe House and Gardens for art and architecture, and (for nights away from the oven) grab a table at one of the restaurants...
If that all sounds like far too much effort for the hols, take it easy on site instead. Toddle along to the farm to befriend pigs, ponies and the flock of Exmoor Horns or simply kick back and soak up stunning views over the countryside towards Exmoor National Park, keeping a watchful eye out for the deer, buzzards, bats and owls that might be flitting by.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent location, fab host, great for families.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 6.3 miles
6.3 miles Verriers — 6.9 miles
6.9 miles Verriers — 6.9 miles
- Train stations
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Taunton Rail Station — 5.9 miles
5.9 miles Bridgwater Rail Station — 8.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Bridgwater Ferry Terminal
— 8.7 miles
8.7 miles Minehead Harbour — 15.3 miles
15.3 miles Weston-super-Mare Knightstone Harbour — 19.5 miles
Cardiff International Airport
— 22.2 miles
22.2 miles Exeter International Airport — 27.2 miles
27.2 miles Bristol International Airport — 28.5 miles
Always wanted to canter around in countryside? Horseback tours are to be had from Quantock Trekking a couple of minutes’ drive from this park.
If strolls around stately homes on your own two feet are preferred, the mid-16th-century Cothelstone Manor is five minutes’ drive, while the country house of Fyne Court – now at the centre of a National Trust-protected nature reserve for outdoor explores – is 10 minutes away.
Wander to the Walled Gardens of Cannington (and have a couple of scones at its tea rooms) or take on the trails of Exmoor (both 20 minutes’ drive) for rural roams. If you’re in the national park as darkness falls, make sure to turn your eyes skyward for the spectacular celestial displays in this dark skies reserve.
Other Somerset-specific pursuits to tick off your list include tours and tastings of Sheppy’s Cider (20 minutes), an activity best experienced after trips to seaside towns such as Watchet 25 minutes away and Blue Anchor (half an hour), or lakeside ambles around Wimbleball with its nature paths, cycle trails, archery, windsurfing and kayaking, rather than before...
- Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (12.4 miles)
- Clarks Village (19.0 miles)
- Glastonbury Abbey (20.2 miles)
- Fyne Court (3.0 miles)
- Coleridge Cottage (4.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Tilbury Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Tilbury Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Tilbury Farm? Always wanted to canter around in countryside? Horseback tours are to be had from Quantock Trekking a couple of minutes’ drive from this park. If strolls around stately homes on your own … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Tilbury Farm?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.