This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful rural site in the grounds of a spiritual retreat centre
- A 15-minute drive from Glastonbury; 25 minutes from Wookey Hole
- Fire bowls available on site; pub a mile away
EarthSpirit is a rural retreat within the grounds of Somerset’s award-winning Earth Spirit Centre, in the village of Compton Dundon between Somerton and Street (each of which is about 10 minutes’ drive away).
As the name suggests, this is something of a spiritual place – it’s five miles from Glastonbury and within the ‘temenos’ (sacred area) of Avalon that stretches out from the legendary town. If you’d like to find out more about this special area, there's usually someone around that will chat to you about the legends of Avalon or give you tips on which spots to explore in the local area.
There’s plenty of space to wander around and soak up the vibes at this centre, whose 17th-century buildings sit within seven acres of fields and gardens. If you’d like to stroll a little further, venture out to one of the nature reserves just next to the estate and amble around the village to see the 1,800-year-old yew tree in the church cemetery. The site is also within the Somerset Levels so there are plenty of scenic walks nearby too.
Back at base, guests at this peaceful site have access to low-key facilities including compost toilets, eco showers and fire bowls to gather round of an evening. This site is also a mile away from the nearest pub.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Beautiful site, basic facilities, peaceful
Relaxed vibe and top location. Compost toilets well maintained and …
Friendly site, peace and quiet, nice location
Lovely place quiet easy access to glastonbury.
Perfect, friendly staff and clean
Would definitely stay here again!
Really good quality sleep...spotlessly clean ...a right find!
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Crispin Hall — 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Town Hall — 4.3 miles
- Train stations
Castle Cary Rail Station
— 9.7 miles
9.7 miles Bridgwater Rail Station — 11.0 miles
11.0 miles Yeovil Pen Mill Rail Station — 11.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Bridgwater Ferry Terminal
— 11.4 miles
11.4 miles Weston-super-Mare Knightstone Harbour — 21.1 miles
21.1 miles Clevedon Pier — 25.2 miles
Bristol International Airport
— 20.7 miles
On arriving at site please take the second entrance, follow the track to the end and report to the reception.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Clarks Village (outlet shopping): 10 minutes’ drive
- Glastonbury (abbey, Glastonbury tor, independent shops): 15 minutes
- Haynes International Motor Museum: 20 minutes
- Wookey Hole: 25 minutes
- Burnham-on-Sea beach: half an hour
- Cheddar Gorge: 40 minutes
- Bath (Roman Baths, Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge): an hour
- Bristol (SS Great Britain, M Shed, museums): an hour.
- Clarks Village (2.8 miles)
- Glastonbury Abbey (4.3 miles)
- Glastonbury Tor (4.4 miles)
- Stembridge Tower Mill (3.5 miles)
- Lytes Cary Manor (4.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does EarthSpirit have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is EarthSpirit dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near EarthSpirit? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Clarks Village (outlet shopping): 10 minutes’ drive - Glastonbury (abbey, Glastonbury tor, independent shops): 15 minutes - Haynes International Motor Museum: 20 minutes - Wookey Hole: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of EarthSpirit?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.