Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Wild pitches among old pasture in the Exmoor National Park
- An hour's walk to Dunkery Beacon; three hours to Porlock Weir
- Next to an organic blueberry plantation with pick-your-own
Exmoor Blueberries is a supremely secluded Somerset site deep in the Exmoor National Park, about a mile from the village of Exford (a tiny place with two pubs and a tearoom).
Getting to this wild site on an organic farm is something of an adventure in itself – the nearest minor road is a mile away, so you'll need to refer to the directions as a sat nav will not get you here. (Please note that substantial work has been done to improve the track)
The journey here is well worth it, though – nature reigns supreme here, and you’ll be pitching up in old pastures that haven’t seen a plough for 50 years or more, surrounded by beech hedgebanks of even greater age. There’s a vast array of plant and insect life around to inspect, and you’ll likely be treated to a proper starry display by night, this being part of a Dark Sky Reserve (the second to be created anywhere in the world…)
Facilities on site are basic, to keep impact minimal – there’s a bathroom hut with flushing toilet and basin (please don’t use any chemicals), a tap with soft Welsh spring water, and a washing-up sink in the blueberry hut. Wood can be provided for a fire, but please ask in advance so you can be pitched in a suitable position. Most importantly, guests here are asked to adhere to ‘leave no trace’ principles.
If you’re here in blueberry season, the PYO staff will direct you to the areas where you can pick your own fruit (priced per kilo, and extra tasty for all that wildness around the fields…); an excursion to the pub is a good idea at any time of year, with a footpath to follow if you’re up for the walk.
Open from 07/07/2023 to 31/10/2023
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
You can either bring your own wood or ask the owner for wood. Please do not help yourself to wood: this environment is dead-tree friendly for environmental reasons and should be left as is.
Be mindful that weather conditions frequently change the road conditions in the area; slim-profile tyres are not recommended.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size: Max 8.0m width x 8.0m depth (26.2ft width x 26.2ft depth) Calculated area: 64.0m² (688.9ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Lovely wild campsite … very wild and beautiful views
A lovely, remote spot to camp. It was so peaceful …
I will definitely recommend this place to my friends!
Such a great location, great host and amazing blueberries.
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 8.0 miles
8.0 miles Butlins — 8.7 miles
8.7 miles The Square — 12.3 miles
- Train stations
Umberleigh Rail Station
— 18.2 miles
18.2 miles Kings Nympton Rail Station — 18.6 miles
18.6 miles Portsmouth Arms Rail Station — 18.9 miles
- Ferry ports
— 8.6 miles
8.6 miles Ilfracombe Ferry Landing — 21.1 miles
21.1 miles Barry Waterfront Ferry Terminal — 23.6 miles
Cardiff International Airport
— 21.8 miles
In blueberry-picking season, look out for the Exmoor Blueberries PYO sign by the Crown Hotel in Exford, and then follow further signs along the way. At the ford, turn right to access the site (rather than following the sign pointing left to access the blueberry fields).
Outside of blueberry season (when there will be no signs at the Crown Hotel), turn for Porlock at the Crown Hotel and in 60 yards, with the village green on your left, turn onto Combe Lane. The site is a mile along from here – keep going when the tarmac runs out as you go through a ‘hedgebank tunnel’ and then emerge onto a concrete track. Follow the concrete track along for 30 yards to a right turn, which is the site’s drive. Cross the ford (usually a maximum of one inch of water) and then turn right to enter the yard. Honk your horn loudly to announce your arrival, or bang the brass knocker on the green door of the house. What3words for the reception: correctly.safest.goofy. Latitude: 51° 8'41.36"N. Longitude: 3°38'9.23"W.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Dunkery Beacon (Exmoor’s highest point): an hour’s walk
- Porlock Weir harbour: three hours’ walk/25 minutes’ drive
- Exmoor Owl & Hawk Centre: 20 minutes’ drive
- Exmoor Zoo: 25 minutes
- Dunster Castle: 25 minutes
- Wimbleball Lake (walks, fishing and watersports): 25 minutes
- Woolacombe beach: 45 minutes
- Croyde beach (surfing): 50 minutes.
- Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (23.7 miles)
- The National Trust Killerton House & Gardens (25.6 miles)
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (25.8 miles)
- Holnicote Estate (5.3 miles)
- Dunster Working Watermill (8.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12 p.m. –||6 p.m.|
Exmoor Blueberries cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Exmoor Blueberries on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Exmoor Blueberries have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Exmoor Blueberries dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Exmoor Blueberries? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Dunkery Beacon (Exmoor’s highest point): an hour’s walk - Porlock Weir harbour: three hours’ walk/25 minutes’ drive - Exmoor Owl & Hawk Centre: 20 minutes’ drive … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Exmoor Blueberries?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: Anytime
- How much does it cost to stay at Exmoor Blueberries? From £24 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability