This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Pop-up glamping village at a 300-acre 17th-century working farm
- Close to the Bath Skyline Walk and two miles from the city centre
- Fully furnished tents with luxury airbeds, bunting and deckchairs
How’s this for a splendid Somerset location? Great British Glamping at Rainbow Wood Farm is a swish pop-up glamping village at a 300-acre working farm, surrounded by gorgeous countryside and yet a mere two miles from the UNESCO-listed centre of Bath.
The glampsite may be temporary but the farm’s been here since the 17th century, and you can see why one might want to settle here for such a long time: both city and countryside make for some excellent strolling territory – as well as the honey-coloured buildings of the city centre, the likes of Rainbow Wood, Prior Park Landscape Garden and the Bath Skyline trail are all within walking distance.
The smart bell tents are more than a match for the spectacular surroundings too – the natural canvas constructions each sleep up to four people (in full-height luxury airbeds, with cotton bed linen, duvets and pillows provided), and they’re furnished with hand-woven Indian rugs, LED lighting, a mirror, a table, cotton bunting and safe flame-free lanterns (plus deckchairs of course – it wouldn’t be a British holiday without a deckchair…)
They’ve all been set up in one of the farm’s large fields, centred around a communal star tent that’s kitted out with comfy sofas, hay bale seating and games for a sociable evening. Free parking is just next to the glamping field, and guests also have access to luxury toilets and hot showers.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Bath Spa: Bus Station
— 1.6 miles
1.6 miles Box (Wilts) Coach Stop — 4.5 miles
4.5 miles Rudloe (Wilts): Coach Stop — 5.9 miles
- Train stations
Bath Spa Rail Station
— 1.5 miles
1.5 miles Freshford Rail Station — 2.3 miles
2.3 miles Oldfield Park Rail Station — 2.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Temple Meads Station Ferry Landing
— 12.4 miles
12.4 miles Temple Bridge (Bristol) Ferry Landing — 12.5 miles
12.5 miles Castle Park Ferry Landing — 12.8 miles
Bristol International Airport
— 16.7 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Rainbow Wood: 20 minutes’ walk
- Bath Skyline Walk: 25 minutes’ walk
- Bath city centre (for the Royal Crescent, Roman Baths and Bath Abbey): 45 minutes’ walk/five minutes’ drive
- Prior Park Landscape Garden: 45 minutes’ walk/five minutes’ drive
- Bath City Farm: 15 minutes’ drive
- Somerset Lavender: 15 minutes
- Avon Valley Adventure & Wildlife Park: 20 minutes
- Dyrham Park: 25 minutes
- Chew Valley Animal Park: 35 minutes
- Bristol city centre: 40 minutes.
- American Museum in Britain (0.6 miles)
- Prior Park Landscape Garden (1.0 miles)
- The Holburne Museum (1.5 miles)
- Prior Park Landscape Garden (1.0 miles)
- Bath Assembly Rooms (1.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Great British Glamping at Rainbow Wood Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Great British Glamping at Rainbow Wood Farm will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Hired accommodation: £50.00 damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkApple Pay
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Great British Glamping at Rainbow Wood Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Great British Glamping at Rainbow Wood Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Great British Glamping at Rainbow Wood Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Rainbow Wood: 20 minutes’ walk - Bath Skyline Walk: 25 minutes’ walk - Bath city centre (for the Royal Crescent, Roman Baths and Bath Abbey): 45 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Great British Glamping at Rainbow Wood Farm?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.