This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glamping site on a secret willow field 10 minutes’ drive to Charmouth
- A 15-minute drive from Lyme Regis, Bridport and Axminster
- Thoughtfully designed units; yoga classes and massages available
Organise an upscale stay in gorgeous accommodation on a peaceful willow field at South West Glamping (and have a relaxing respite in Dorset). Days on site are to be spent unwinding on the grass, relaxing with a massage and stretching out during a yoga class.
The park is also 10 minutes’ drive from Charmouth beach for wanders on the Jurassic Coast and is 15 minutes from the popular seaside resorts of Lyme Regis and Bridport.
Dinner and breakfast are offered, and off site there are plenty of award-winning eateries to try out – this area is home to celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s famed River Cottage canteen in Axminster (15 minutes), after all.
When you’re not sampling Dorset’s best food, take a boat out mackerel fishing, hunt for fossils on the beaches or try surfing and stand-up paddleboarding on the sea (10 minutes). Head to the Golden Cap area for walks with a view over the water (10 minutes) or browse the antique stores in Bridport and the gem shops in Lyme Regis.
At the park, shared facilities include a compost loo and a hot shower. There are also chances to sign up for meditation sessions, foraging walks and spoon carving classes.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Amazing place to stay would love to go back
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.5 miles
4.5 miles Yeovil Bus Station — 16.7 miles
16.7 miles South Station — 18.8 miles
- Train stations
Axminster Rail Station
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Crewkerne Rail Station — 9.1 miles
9.1 miles Maiden Newton Rail Station — 12.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Weymouth Ferry Terminal
— 20.7 miles
20.7 miles Exmouth Ferry Landing — 26.4 miles
26.4 miles Topsham (Turf Lock Ferry) Ferry Landing — 27.0 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 24.4 miles
The nearest postcode is DT6 6RF, but don't rely on this on its own. To find the site by car take the double wooden gate with three horseshoes on it that’s not signposted Bonhays retreat centre. The centre is almost opposite Cross Farm on the outskirts of Whitchurch and on the road signposted to Lyme Regis on Berne Lane.
Local attractions and activities include:
- Charmouth (Jurassic Coast beach): 10 minutes’ drive
- Golden Cap (walks with a sea view): 10 minutes
- Lyme Regis: 15 minutes
- Bridport: 15 minutes
- Axminster (for River Cottage canteen): 15 minutes
- West Bay: 15 minutes
- Forde Abbey: 25 minutes
- Montacute House (manor): 45 minutes
- Weymouth seaside resort: 50 minutes.
- Mapperton House & Gardens (7.4 miles)
- Abbotsbury Swannery (13.1 miles)
- Montacute House (15.2 miles)
- Shute Barton (8.9 miles)
- Loughwood Meeting House (9.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does South West Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is South West Glamping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near South West Glamping? Local attractions and activities include: - Charmouth (Jurassic Coast beach): 10 minutes’ drive - Golden Cap (walks with a sea view): 10 minutes - Lyme Regis: 15 minutes - Bridport: 15 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of South West Glamping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.