Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Peaceful working farm site surrounded by the north Dorset countryside
- Direct access to the Hardy Way trail; 15 minutes' drive to Gold Hill
- Farm shop on site, with firepits available to hire
Time to check in for some quality time in the north Dorset countryside? If so, set up at Shepherds Close Farm Campsite, a rural retreat on a working farm with pitches where you can clock chickens, cows, sheep, lambs and goats grazing peacefully (or being fed by the family on the site) a short distance away.
Simply settle in, take in the views and put your feet up, ready to walk or cycle your way along the Hardy Way (join the footpath directly from the site) or for a slow walk up the cobbled Gold Hill in Shaftesbury, 15 minutes' drive away (stopping at a café at the top or for a look at the pretty cottages along the way).
There's a farm shop on site here if you want to source local produce for an evening meal or breakfast (and handily there are firepits available to hire on site to help you along). And when you feel like a meal out, there’s a village pub a mile away, including a beer garden that's just the place for an alfresco pint.
The beach won’t be completely out of reach from this site either. Take a day trip to Weymouth, 45 minutes' drive away, if you fancy a stroll, a swim or a donkey ride down the shore – or just a dinner of fish and chips on the seafront.
Open from 16/07/2021 to 31/08/2021
No electric barbecues allowed.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Protective masks must be worn at all times in common areas.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
Bookings must not consist of more than 2 different households.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
There are no bins onsite: all rubbish will need to be taken home with you.
Fishing is not currently available due to restrictions imposed by the coronavirus outbreak.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Discount cards and gift vouchers cannot be applied to bookings made via Pitchup.com.
The grocery shop is open between 16/07 and 31/08.
Group bookings of 2 or more units (e.g. tent, touring caravan, motorhome or accommodation hire) travelling together are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
Onsite entertainment will not be offered due to restrictions imposed by the coronavirus outbreak.
If making a fire, the fuel, logs and coal have to be purchased on site.
No gas barbecues allowed.
Swimming in the lake is not allowed.
Group bookings of 6 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
No charcoal barbecues allowed.
Owing to government regulations, groups of 6 or more people are not permitted.
Minimum spacing of 2 metres between pitches.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Min 3.0m width x 3.0m depth (9.8ft width x 9.8ft depth) Calculated area: 9.0m² (96.9ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a 1 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Hand sanitising stations
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
- Coach stations
Henstridge (Somerset): Virginia Ash Coach Stop
— 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Milborne Port: Coach Stop — 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Shaftesbury Coach Stop — 6.3 miles
- Train stations
Templecombe Rail Station
— 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Gillingham (Dorset) Rail Station — 5.6 miles
5.6 miles Sherborne Rail Station — 8.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Poole Ferry Terminal
— 22.4 miles
22.4 miles Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 22.5 miles
22.5 miles Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 24.5 miles
Bournemouth International Airport
— 24.7 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Hambledon Hill (National Trust prehistoric hill fort): 15 minutes’ drive
- Bush Farm Bison Centre (farm animals and woodlands): 25 minutes
- Stourhead House The National Trust (historic mansion and estate): half an hour
- Old Wardour Castle: half an hour
- Cranborne Chase (walking and cycling): 35 minutes
- Longleat (drive-through safari park): 40 minutes
- Stonehenge: 45 minutes
- Farmer Palmer’s Farm Park (family-friendly farm activities): 45 minutes
- New Forest National Park (hiking and cycling trails): 55 minutes
- Durdle Door (iconic beach on the Jurassic coast): an hour
- Bournemouth (beach town and harbour): an hour and five minutes.
- Stourhead House and Garden (10.3 miles)
- Haynes International Motor Museum (11.8 miles)
- Fleet Air Arm Museum (14.4 miles)
- Stourhead (10.1 miles)
- White Mill (15.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||11 a.m. –||6 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Shepherds Close Farm Campsite cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Shepherds Close Farm Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Shepherds Close Farm Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Shepherds Close Farm Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Hambledon Hill (National Trust prehistoric hill fort): 15 minutes’ drive - Bush Farm Bison Centre (farm animals and woodlands): 25 minutes - Stourhead House The National … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Shepherds Close Farm Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Shepherds Close Farm Campsite? From £20 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability