Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Luxury bell tents set a secluded hilltop on a Dorset country estate
- Easy walk to Mapperton House; 15 minutes’ drive to the Jurassic Coast
- Spectacular walks on site and in the local area
Located in the spectacular Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with views over the hills to the sea beyond, Mapperton Camps is a peaceful spot where you can reconnect with nature in some considerable style.
If you like your home comforts, you’re certainly in the right spot here. Each bell tent is kitted out with a hand-built king-size bed, Egyptian cotton bed linen and towels. There’s a woodburner for chillier evenings, and a firepit outside for camp-side cooking and extra warmth.
All the utensils you need for cooking and washing up are provided – as well as a starter pack of fresh eggs, milk and bread – if you have the odd rainy day, that’s no problem as board games and books are also part of the deal.
You can stay in touch with the outside world thanks to a strong 4G mobile signal, and each tent also has its own compost lavatory, hot shower unit and cool box.
This exclusive little glamping spot is based at Coltleigh, a 200-acre area on the gorgeous Mapperton Estate that is being re-wilded. A small herd of White Park cattle – an ancient and rare English breed – now roam the local pasture, and you can explore on footpaths and hopefully spot a profusion of birds, butterflies and wildflowers.
A short amble down the hill from the camping field brings you to the Coach House Café at the Jacobean-style Mapperton House and Gardens (glamping guests can visit the house for free) and there are also several outstanding pubs and restaurants within a 10-minute drive.
Open from 03/08/2022 to 30/08/2022
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Guests under the age of 12 are not allowed on site.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
No cars/motorbikes by the pitch/unit. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
This is a quiet site: no music is allowed.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
|Max. persons||3 x
(1 x eco toilet)
Bathroom (1 x shower)
Open space (1 x king sized bed, 1 x single camp bed)
|Please bring your own towels.|
|Duvets and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Dry toilet / eco toilet|
|No dogs allowed|
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Hand sanitising stations
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Yeovil Bus Station — 11.0 miles
11.0 miles South Station — 13.5 miles
- Train stations
Crewkerne Rail Station
— 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Maiden Newton Rail Station — 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Chetnole Rail Station — 8.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Weymouth Ferry Terminal
— 17.3 miles
17.3 miles Bridgwater Ferry Terminal — 27.0 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 31.0 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Mapperton Estate (walks, free tickets with your stay): on site
- Dorset AONB: site in the park
- Beaminster (skate park, shops and pubs): 10 minutes’ drive
- Jurassic Coast: 15 minutes
- Bridport (market and shops): 15 minutes
- Golf: 15 minutes
- Hive Beach: 20 minutes
- Lyme Regis: 30 minutes
- Axe Valley Wildlife Park: 35 minutes
- Chesil Beach: 40 minutes
- Mapperton House & Gardens (0.4 miles)
- Abbotsbury Swannery (10.5 miles)
- Montacute House (11.0 miles)
- Montacute House (10.9 miles)
- Tintinhull Garden (12.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Mapperton Camps cancellation policy
No refunds within 30 days of arrival date.
More than 30 days before arrival : 30% of the total will be retained.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Mapperton Camps will debit the balance from your card 30 days before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 30 days then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Cancellations due to COVID-19 for bookings made before 1 March 2022, can transfer deposits to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkAmerican Express
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Mapperton Camps have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Mapperton Camps dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Mapperton Camps? Local attractions and activities include: - Mapperton Estate (walks, free tickets with your stay): on site - Dorset AONB: site in the park - Beaminster (skate park, shops and pubs): 10 minutes’ … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Mapperton Camps?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Mapperton Camps? From £220 (for 2 nights, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability