This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Rural family site within strolling distance of Monkey World
- Alpacas, horses, sheep and chickens all on site to meet
- Eco toilet and shower block with family bathroom added in 2017
Wake to the gentle sound of neighbouring gibbons and their cousins at laidback Longthorns Farm, an attractive eco-friendly and rural site close to Dorset’s jaw-dropping Jurassic coastline. After a busy day exploring Dorset, toast marshmallows over the embers of your firepit and kick back for a bit of stargazing, before settling down in these peaceful surrounds for the night...
You can stroll directly into Monkey World from Longthorns Farm to eyeball your primate neighbours, and guests regularly spot deer, rabbits, buzzards and owls along the woodland trail. There's plenty more fluffy fauna about: horses, sheep and chickens are among the friendly farm animals on site, along with several alpacas which guests can walk during their visits.
Alongside the aforementioned green approach at Longthorns Farm, a new eco-friendly and swish toilet and shower block with family/disabled bathroom, hand dryers and hairdryers was added in 2017, using recycled, reclaimed and recyclable products where possible inside and out.
A new reception area was also added in 2017, which sells local produce and grocery essentials, as well as local handmade natural alpaca products.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Red Lion — 4.9 miles
4.9 miles East Street — 8.4 miles
- Train stations
Wool Rail Station
— 1.4 miles
1.4 miles Moreton (Dorset) Rail Station — 4.1 miles
4.1 miles Wareham Rail Station — 4.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Poole Ferry Terminal
— 9.9 miles
9.9 miles Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 10.3 miles
10.3 miles Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 11.6 miles
Bournemouth International Airport
— 17.8 miles
Ditch the wheels; there are two fab family attractions within walking distance of Longthorns Farm: Monkey World, right next door, and Bovington Tank Museum, a 20-minute walk away, which puts on action-packed displays during the school holidays.
Fossil fans, beach buffs and nature lovers will love having the Jurassic Coast within such easy reach: lovely Lulworth Cove is only 10 minutes away by car, and other famed spots such as Durdle Door and Chesil Beach are just a little further along the coast.
For country piles, try Lulworth Castle and grounds; for culture, there’s Thomas Hardy’s country cottage; or for more urban pursuits, head to Bournemouth, Dorchester or Poole, all with top turist attractions, shops and restaurants of every flavour.
There are also local markets and lots more in the smaller nearby towns of Wareham and Swanage.
- Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre (0.3 miles)
- The Tank Museum (1.1 miles)
- Lulworth Castle & Park (4.3 miles)
- Clouds Hill (1.8 miles)
- Hardy's Cottage (7.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Longthorns Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Longthorns Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Longthorns Farm? Ditch the wheels; there are two fab family attractions within walking distance of Longthorns Farm: Monkey World, right next door, and Bovington Tank Museum, a 20-minute walk away, which puts on action-packed … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Longthorns Farm?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.